Riyadh: The authorities have arrested 238 people for not adhering to the quarantine rules and breaching the mandatory isolation although being infected by the pandemic. The operation took place in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
Lt. Col. Mohammed bin Shar Al-Shehri, the region’s police spokesman, said “security organizations monitoring preventive measures, has also held other people for violating mandatory quarantine imposed on them upon entering the Kingdom.
Initial legal actions are taken against the violators and their cases are sent to the concerned authorities for further action, he added.
The Kingdom has announced those violating Covid-19 precautionary measures and regulations could face fines and penalties up to a hefty amount of SAR200,000, imprisonment up to 2 years, or both. The repetition of the violation will result in a doubled penalty.
For the residents (Non-Saudis), if found breaching quarantine rules, they could face deportation and a lifetime ban from entering the country.
- 335 Covid-19 Quarantine Violators Face Jail and Fines In Saudi Arab.
- Updated Rules For Travellers To Enter Saudi Arabia
- Covid-19 | 20,000 Raids On Shops, Malls To Monitor Measures Against Coronavirus
- Check Fines, Penalties On Curfew Violations And Corona Cases In The Kingdom
- Jawazat Clarifies About Penalty For Not Taking Covid-19 Vaccine.