For the first time in Saudi Arabia, covid-19 patients are going to face prosecution and may face fines and jail. According to a local news agency, 335 Covid-19 patients violated the law and broke the quarantine rules despite awareness of their illness.
The violators were caught in Makkah 91, Madina 16, Eastern region 200, Tabuk 23, and Hail 5 violators. The local newspaper cited.
The violators will face a huge fine of 200,000 Saudi riyals and/or 2 years of imprisonment
Saudi Arabia has introduced strict quarantine rules and laws for violators as precautionary measures. It’s the first time that the neglecters are going to be charged with a fine of up to 200,000 Saudi Riayls and/or jail for a period, not more than 24 months.
If the violation is repeated the penalty shall be doubled. In case the violators are residents, non-Saudi, then they will be deported and banned permanently from re-entry into the kingdom.
During the past few weeks, the Kingdom has observed an increase in the daily coronavirus cases. On July 4th, the Kingdom recorded 1148 new covid-19 infections and 15 mortalities due to the complications caused by the coronavirus.
- 238 Covid-19 Quarantine Violators Arrested in Saudi Arabia
- 50,000 Riyals Penalty And Deportation For Labor Gatherings
- July 2021: Updated Rules For Travellers To Enter Saudi Arabia
- Corona – MOI Announces 14 Fines And Penalties For Violators – A Must Read
- Check Fine On Iqama Online In Saudi Arabia | MyKSA