Having a sim card on your name, but not under your use can lead to a problem. Before any bad thing happens, cancel the sim registered on your iqama, as soon as possible.
There are three ways to deactivate sim;
- Visit the nearest STC, Zain, Mobily, Virgin, or Lebara customer care centers to cancel sim.
- Call the Helpline to deactivate sim
- Use the CITC portal and register an online complaint to remove unwanted sims registered under your iqama
Cancel The Sim By Visiting The Offices of Cellular Companies
Customer service centers of all cellular companies including Mobily, Zain, STC, Virgin, and Lebara are bound to cancel their network’s sim upon request.
Visit the office and tell the representative that you want to deactivate the sim. However, before the visit, make sure you know the sim numbers registered on your iqama.
You need to tell the sim number and represent your iqama for the cancellation procedure. Within 24 hours the sim will be canceled.
For your ease, You can find Store locations through the links below.
- Mobily Nearest Customer Center
- STC Nearest Customer Center
- Zain Nearest Customer Center
- Jawwy Nearest Customer Center
- Lebara Store Locations
- Virgin Stores Locator
Note: The cellular company can also re-issue the sim if you are willing to use it instead of cancelation.
Call The Helpline To Deactivate The Sim On Your Iqama
You can also call the helpline of the cellular companies to remove and deactivate sims registered on your iqama.
The call representative will verify the required information and will start the sim cancellation process.
The helpline numbers of the cellular networks operating in Saudi Arabia are as follows;
- STC Helpline: 900 / 114-555-555
- Zain Helpline: 959 / 059-000-0959
- Mobily Helpline: 1100 / 0560-101-100
- Lebara Helpline: 1755 / 057-600-1755
- Friendy Helpline: 166-000 / 057-116-6000
- Virgin Helpline: 1789
For Mobily Customers
If you are using Mobily sim then you need to dial 1100 and press the following codes to talk to the customer representative to remove mobily sim from iqama.
- For Complaints, Press 9
- To register New Complaints, Press 1
- Select Complaints About Voice Services by Pressing 1
- To cancel sim on iqama, press 4
- The sim will deactivate in 5 working days.
Use CITC Online Portal To File a Complaint For Sim Cancellation
On CITC online platform, you can cancel any cellular company’s sim registered under your iqama. To register the complaint, you can use the online portal and also, the CITC app.
The procedure for complaint registration to cancel sim on iqama is as follows;
- Open CITC App and log in by using your Absher account username and password
- Click on “Reports”
- Now click on the “+” Sign to create a new report
Now provide the details with the following information;
- Choose Main Report Type: General
- Choose Report Type: Disclose Confidential User Information
- Choose Service Number: Select the sim number you want to remove from your iqama
- Click on Next
On the next page enter the following details;
Service Provider: Select the cellular network
- To cancel STC sim on your iqama: Select STC
- To cancel Zain sim: Select Zain
- To cancel Mobily sim: Select Mobily
You need to enter a few more details to deactivate the sim successfully.
- Service Number: Select the sim number you want to remove from iqama
- Type: Disclosure “leaking” User Information
- Proof: Iqama
- Report Description: Give the reason why you want to cancel the sim. (i.e. The sim is not under my use, please cancel the number.)
Recommended Read: How To Check Zain Sim Number
Now, upload the image of your iqama. Once uploaded, click on ” Send To CITC”
The system will display the following message,
- Request Number: XXXXX Created Successfully
What To Do If Sim Doesn’t Cancel After 15 Days.
CITC bounds every cellular company including Mobily, STC, and Zain to cancel, deactivate, close and remove sim from iqama within 15 working days.
However, it can happen the sim is still under your name even after 15 days of the cancellation procedure.
If the complaint is not resolved within the given time period, you can contact CITC and, provide the Request Number to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
How To Transfer The Sim To A Friend
If a sim is being used by your family member or a friend, then you can transfer the number under their iqama instead of canceling that.
To transfer the sim, visit any nearest office along with the transferee person. Ask the customer representative to change the ownership to the transferee.
Also, tell the company’s representative to issue the sim. Within a few hours, the transfer procedure will be completed.
Recommended Read: How To Check Latest Mobily Offers