There are many cases in which the sponsors filed the huroob which resulted the employees in terms of job loss, huge fines or deportation from Saudi Arabia.
But what if the employee is at work and still gets the huroob status?
Keeping this situation in view, the Ministry of labor and social development Saudi Arabia has devised a mechanism in case of a false huroob is reported in order to protect the expat employees.
An effected worker can now submit a complaint on the ministry’s portal to prove that the submitted huroob report is false and malicious.
The Post Contains
What is False Huroob
False huroob is an “Absent From Work” report submitted by the employer to the labor office (maktab amal) but proven wrong and malicious by the employee by providing proofs, facts and evidences that he was neither absent nor ran away.
If the employee proves that the huroob status is malicious then the employer/sponsor is punished with a penalty.
How To Prove The Absent Report (Huroob) Is Malicious
The labor ministry takes a huroob as false and malicious in the following scenarios;
- If the worker proves that he was at work on the date of submission of huroob
- If the worker brings evidence that he was in the hospital due to illness during the period his escape report was summited.
- The absent from work report is considered malicious in case the employee was detained by the police due to any reason.
- One of the most important point, the huroob is considered false if the employee files a case (lawsuit) against the employer prior to the date of reporting his escape.
- If a similar case is already in the court
- The employer suspends the worker and stops him working temporarily of permanently and then reports huroob.
How To Submit a Report Against The False Huroob
Ministry of labor has launched a service called “friendly settlements” to report false huroob by accessing it’s online portal. To submit the complaint you can do the following process.
- Log in to the Ministry of labor’s electronic portal using the unified national credentials ; to login click here
- After login click on بوابة الأفراد
- Select language: English
- Select ” Case Management” – (رفع دعوى التسوية الودية)
- Now click on ” طلب إثبات كيدية بلاغ تغیب” – “Request to Prove Huroob False” from the friendly settlement services available in the side menu
- The system will open a claim form, fill it with the required details
- Click on “Save Request”
A text message will be sent to the kafeel/ sponsor / employer that the worker has filed a request against the maliciousness of the huroob
The employee will also receive a message upon the successful submission of the report.
After a few days you can check the status of the report by visiting the ministry of labor portal.
Filling The Complaint Form
You need following details to fill the complaint form.
- The case number of huroob report. (this is available in ministry’s portal )
- Date of submission of report. ( this is also available in the portal)
- Start date of work as mentioned on the contract.
- End date of work contract as mentioned on the contract.
- Date of receipt of last salary ( mentioned on the salary slip)
- Reason why you were absent. ( if you were not absent, simply write that you were at work)
- Attach all supporting document i.e. if you were in hospital attach the hospital prescriptions and slips. prepare a pdf file and then upload. Keep in mind that the total file size should not exceed 5mb.
File Lawsuit in the court
There are two scenarios the worker against whom the report of absent from work has been placed can file a lawsuit in the administrative court.
- If the complaint has been rejected by the labor office and the huroob status is still in place
- It is proven that the employer registered false huroob and the worker demands compensation for the damages and loss incurred by him.
If the effected employee succeeds in proving the facts that he got the unjust huroob status, the court may order to remove huroob. And once it is established, the worker can submit another lawsuit demanding the compensation for the losses he faced.
The value of compensation depends upon the nature of proves submitted to the court and mostly the court grants compensation for the salary he lost during that period of time the contract was terminated.
Does The Court Always Compensate
Well, the first thing the court always keep in mind is that it should be established that the huroob status was false. After that sometimes court rejects the compensation and sometimes orders the employer to pay that.
Similarly the court rejects the request if the worker has already gotten compensation in a similar case. The reason for the rejection is that the court consider that the affected employee can’t get the two compensations for one reason.
Despite the rejection by the court, the worker can file an appeal and stress that he should be given compensation.
Penalty To Sponsor
If the false huroob proves, the labor office imposes a penalty to the employer for misleading, wasting the time of the office and to avoid misreporting in future. The penalty is a fine of 20,000 riyals.
How Does The Employer Avoid Reporting False Huroob
The employer can keep himself away from embarrassment by thoroughly investigation the reasons why the employee is absent from work before submitting the absenteeism report to labor office.
However if he reports to the maktab amal , yet he can cancel the absentieesm report within 20 days from the date of submission.
In addition to that, there are certain conditions to cancel huroob without sponsor’s permission.
How To Contact Ministry Of Labor
As soon as you come to know that a false huroob is reported, you should immediately contact ministry of labor. You can contact in following ways.
Call Labor Office Helpline
19911 is the Ministry of Labor’s helpline number. You can contact 24/7 and from Sunday to Thursday (5 days a week)
Live chat is another great initiative and you can use it 24/7 without any restriction. However on Friday the service is available from 8:00AM till 8:00PM only. To start chat here is the link
Social Media Platforms
Social media is another source to come in contact with the labor office. You can contact through facebook and twitter easily.Also Read:
- Difference Between Absent From Work & Absconding (Huroob) in Saudi Arabia
- What Are Huroob Types, Ban Duration And Penalties
- How To Check Huroob Status On Iqama
- How To Cancel Huroob In Saudi Arabia – Jawazat New Update
- 8 Situations The Expat Worker Can Transfer To Another Sponsor Without Any Condition