Last Updated on
Applying for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia involves many steps. But family visit visa extension is as simple as ABC. The extension procedure is fast and straightforward. All you need is an Absher account, and within 5 minutes, the visit visa extends online in 2019.
But Before starting the service, Absher tells us to meet the following requirements to extend family visit visa.
Requirements For Family Visit Visa Extension
There are a few requirements to fulfil before extending the family visit visa. When you start the extension procedure, Absher mentions the rules and conditions to avail of the service. These rules and requirements are
- At the time of the visa extension, the remaining validity of the visit visa should be less than a week. Or within 3 days after its expiry.
We are copying the text they have written on the Arabic version of the portal to clarify the remaining validity of the visa. Because in the English version, it says, ” Visit visa duration should be “more” than 7 days,” but it is “less” than 7 days in fact.
“في وقت التمديد يجب أن تكون المدة المتبقية في صلاحية التأشيرة سبعة أيام أو أقل, أو أن لا يكون مضى على انتهائها أكثر من ثلاثة أيام.”
“At the time of extension, the remaining period of the validity of the visa must be seven days or less, or not more than three days old” ( translation by google)
- Pay the family visit visa extension fee before applying for an extension.
The family visit visa extension fee is just 100 Saudi Riyals. The payment process is quite easy. All you need is a bank account. You can also use a quickpay or tahweel al rajhi account. We are providing the procedure to pay the family visit visa extension fees. Click Here
- The visitor should be present in Saudi Arabia.
- The passport of the visitor should be valid. If it has expired, then Absher will not extend the visa.
- The visitor must be alive.
- If the visitor has any traffic violation, then pay it before applying for the extension.
- The visitor must have valid health insurance. If the insurance has expired, renew it and then apply for the family visit visa extension.
You can read the procedure to renew health insurance in this article.
- The permitted period to stay in Saudi Arabia cannot increase for more than 180 days.
This means that if you have a visit visa for 3 months duration, then you can renew it once for 3 months. Similarly, if the visa issued has a validity of 1 month, then it can be renewed for 5 more times.
Each renewal will be for one month. So the total stay will not increase more than 180 days.
Procedure To Extend Family Visit Visa
There are two methods for family visit visa extension in Saudi Arabia. Manual and online. We are explaining both of them. However, the online process is most comfortable. First, we explain the online method.
- Login into Absher Account. Click here to visit the website for login.
- After successful login, on the dashboard. Type ‘Extend’ in the search bar. The service link will appear. Click on it.
- However, if you are using the Absher app or visiting the site through mobile, then click on ‘Family Member Services’. And select ‘Extend Visit Visa,’ which is the first available service.
- The service will start. The first page will elaborate on the requirements to use the service. Just click on Next.
- On the next page, the list of visitors will appear. select the visitors and click on ‘Proceed’
- The service will auto pick the extension period. For example, at the time of applying for the visit visa, if you had selected 3 months as visa duration, then the service will choose the extension period as 3 months.
- But if you chose 1 month at the time of applying for the visa. Then you can extend it for just one month.
However, you can extend it 5 times as the maximum stay duration is 180 days.
- Now recheck the details and confirm the request
- The final page will open with the following message “The said visit visa (VV) is extended successfully.
That’s it. You have successfully extended the family visit visa.
Extending Family Visit Visa By Visiting Jawazat (MOI)
If you have decided to extend the visit visa manually, then you will need the following documents.
- A copy and original passport of the visitor. ( make a copy of the visa stamped in the passport also
- a passport size picture of the visitor
- Fill the family visit visa extension form. If you don’t know the Arabic language, then you may ask a friend or colleague to help you.
However, many people are sitting outside the jawazat. They will fill it for just 15, 20 riyals.
- Pay the visa fee before visiting jawazat. the cost is 100 Saudi Riyals
- A copy and original iqama of the inviter. Please keep in mind that the inviter should visit jawazat him/herself for the extension process.
Visit jawazat, along with the required documents. At the reception, an official will check the docs and will direct you to the concerned department. Go there, take the token and wait for your turn. Submit your documents, and within 15 minutes, the visa will be extended.