According to the Saudi Iqama laws, a delay in the iqama renewal of a resident is a violation and a penalty is imposed. In such case, the resident id can’t be renewed unless the iqama fine is paid.
The Post Covers
what is the fine for iqama expiry
As per Jawazat statement, if the iqama has not been renewed 3 days before its expiry, a fine of 500 Riyals will be applied. For 2nd instance of the violation, the iqama expiry fine will increase to 1000 Riyals.
And in case, of being late for 3rd time, a penalty of 1000 Riyals will be imposed along with the iqama holder’s deportation from Saudi Arabia.
Recommended Read: How To Check iqama Expiry Date
How To Pay Iqama Expiry Fine
If you have access to a bank account then you can pay iqama expiry fine. The process is similar to paying iqama renewal fee. If the fee to renew iqama is not paid, then the iqama fine and the renewal fee are combined and shown as a single fee.
The paid amount shows under the “Passport funds” in Absher and is deducted at the time of the renewal process.
To pay iqama expiry fine, do the following process,
- Check Iqama Fines
- Login to Your bank account through the app or net banking. ( I am using Riyadh Bank’s app)
- On the dashboard click on “Bills and MOI payments”
- Click on “Residents Services Fees”
- Select the account for the payment purpose
- Now To pay iqama expiry fine click on “Renew Iqama”
- Enter iqama Number
- Select the duration between 3 Months to 24 Months
- Click on “Next”
- If the iqama renewal fee is already paid then only iqama fine amount will appear. Check the amount and click on “Pay”
- For payment confirmation, enter the OTP received on your phone
- Your iqama fine is paid along with iqama renewal fee.
To confirm that the fine has been paid successfully, you can check iqama funds in your Absher account. The amount shows under the passport funds as soon as it is paid.
Recommended Read: 12 Types Of Fines On Iqama Violations
how many days stay after iqama expiry
A person with expired iqama can stay only if he has obtained a final exit visa. The duration of the visa is 60 days. The company can issue a final exit visa within 30 days of the iqama expiry.
So a person can stay up to 90 days after the iqama expiry.
Source: Jawazat Twitter Account