In Saudi Arabia, CITC (Communications and Information Technology Commission), provides an online service to check the number of sims registered on your iqama. The purpose of the service is to protect the customers from misuse of the sim by others.
You can quickly block any sim which is registered under your name, but not using it.
Check Number Of Sims on Iqama By Sending Message
To Check sims registered under your iqama, send a message to the following number.
If you are a Sawa, STC user, then Send an SMS containing the number 9988 to 900.
For Zain customers, send a blank SMS to 700123
Mobily customer can also avail the service by sending an empty SMS to 616166
For Virgin Mobile customers, send a blank message to 309985
Lebara users need to write ‘ID’ in SMS and send to 1755
You will receive a message that will confirm how many sims do you have on a specific network. For example, if you are a zain customer, then by sending a blank SMS to 700123, it will provide you the information about how many sims are registered in the zain network on your name.
Here is a screenshot of a message sent on the STC network. the service replies with the sim number and its status (موثّق بالبصمة) which means that it is an authorized sim with the fingerprint.
Check Number of Sims Registered On Iqama Number By CITC
However, if you want to know about the sims registered on other networks, then use the following method.
- Visit CITC site by clicking the following link
- Enter the Iqama number. After that, lets say that we dont provide our mobile number. So in that case check the button ‘I don’t have mobile number.’
- Enter the captcha code and click on Search.
- The service tells us only about the service providers ( STC, Zain etc). In this case, it is telling us that the provided iqama number is registered with Sawa and Zain, as shown in the picture below. However, it is not informing us how many sims are registered on iqama on the given networks.
the method by providing mobile number is available below.
Let’s provide a mobile number To Check Sims on Iqama.
To get complete information, let’s provide the mobile number. Enter the captcha code and click on search.
Make sure that you use the mobile number registered on the same iqama number you wish to inquire for the number of registered sims.
- You will receive an OTP on the provided mobile number. Enter it and click on next
the service provides the comprehensive details about the sim cards registered on the provided iqama. You can see it is showing the exact mobile numbers and the service provider.
You also get information on whether the sims on your name are prepaid or postpaid.
After knowing the information, you can take action, like block the sim, which is not under your iqama. Sometimes as it also happens, you lost a sim card and forgot the number. But now you know the sim number and can re-issue the sim.