Iqama is the most important legal document for expats living in Saudi Arabia. Due to its importance and sensitivity, Iqama must b kept carefully. However, sometimes bad things happen, and so the iqama is lost or stolen. In that case, it is a great trouble for the expat.
To solve the issue of stolen or lost iqama, you will need to follow the procedure we are going to share with you.
Procedure For Issuance Of Lost or Stolen Iqama
- First of all, if the iqama card is lost, try to find it in your home, office, car or any other place you visited recently.
- However, if you couldn’t find iqama or it is stolen, then go to the police station and report that your iqama is lost or stolen.
Please keep in mind that visit the nearest police station within 24 hours to avoid the fine of 1000 Riyals. By reporting in time, you can save yourself from more trouble and penalty.
- The police register the report and will provide you a copy of the report.
- At the same time inform your company, or kafeel that your iqama is lost, stolen. The purpose of informing them is that they may start the procedure of issuance of iqama.
- If your company isn’t paying the fee, then deposit 1000 riyals for the re-issuance of iqama.
- The company or kafeel will take care of the remaining procedure. However, they may ask you to visit jawazat with mandoob ( company representative). Therefore, be well prepared and You will need the following documents
- Copy of Iqama.
- Original passport and a copy.
- Fill iqama issuance form and provide 2 passport size photos.
- Police report copy.
- Pay fee of iqama issuance 1000 riyals
- Pay traffic violations and penalties, if any.
For your convenience, we are providing the iqama issue form. You can download it by clicking here.
After Competing the documents, Visit jawazat office and wait for your turn. submit the documents, provide fingerprints and wait. The jawazat will print new iqama and hand it over to you.
As you can observe the process is lengthy and have many things to do so the best practice is that keep your iqama safe and always with you.
You may also like to know about other fines and penalties on iqama in this article.
- How To Re-Issue Lost or Damaged Ictimara In 5 Minutes | Saudi Arabia
- Cancel Final Exit Visa For Dependents In Saudi Arabia In 2021 | Latest
- Check Fine On Iqama Online In Saudi Arabia | MyKSA
- How To Change Name On Iqama In Saudi Arabia | MyKSA
- How To Apply Iqama For New Born Baby Outside Saudi Arabia