The historic and landmark Labor Reforms Initiative have implemented on Sunday, 14th March 2021. with the implementation of the reforms, Jawazat has given few instructions and new rules to apply for Exit Re-entry visa and final exit visa
As the LRI came into force, the workers get access to 3 major tasks that were before in the hands of kafeels and organization. Now an employee can do the following tasks
- Applying for an exit re-entry visa
- Applying for a final exit visa at the end of the contract
- The employee can travel without informing the employer. The company or kafeel will get a confirmation message about the departure of the worker.
In the user manual about LRI, the ministry of Human Resources and Social Development has directed about a few things.
Guide Lines For Exit Re-Entry Visa
- The worker can submit the request for an exit re-entry visa through Absher portal and the employer has 10 days to respond to the application electronically. If the kafeel or the company doesn’t respond within 10 days then a single entry visa will be auto-generated for a time period of 30 days.
- In other words, a worker can get an exit re-entry visa for 30 days by himself. The visa will auto-generate within 5 days after the end of the deadline.
- If the work contract is expired then the worker can’t apply for a single re-entry visa or multiple entry visa. However, if the employee has already applied for a visa or issued then the company can’t revoke or refuse it.
- If the company or the kafeel wants to issues the visa then the previous method is in force as before the implementation of LRI.
Read More: Check Iqama Fees 2021
Guidelines For Final Exit Visa
After the LRI came into force, both the Worker and the sponsor can access the service to apply for a final exit visa. According to the new rules and regulations,
- If the worker applies for the final exit visa, the company will have 10 days to respond to the request. But if the sponsor fails to complete the procedure then the employee can issue a final exit visa
- The validity of the visa is 15 days from the date of its issuance.
Other Important Guidelines
- The ministry has also stated clearly that if a worker leaves while the contract is valid and doesn’t return to the kingdom, he will be permanently banned from entering into the kingdom forever.
- The above rule applies if the worker leaves on an exit re-entry visa and doesn’t return.
- If the worker leaves the kingdom but doesn’t come back before the expiry of the re-entry visa, then it’s the sole right of the company to decide the renewal of the visa. If the company decided not to extend the visa then the above rule will apply.
- Regarding the employment mobility service for the expatriate worker, the ministry stipulates that the firms that intend to obtain services of the expatriate worker must comply with the provisions of the Wages Protection Program at a rate of no less than 80 percent for the last three months.
- Moreover, there should be 100 percent documentation of the employees’ contracts in the establishment, and at least 80 percent in the commitment of the self-evaluation program along with the mandatory application of approved internal work regulation.
People Also Read: How to Renew Istimara Online
In addition to that, only those workers can transfer to a new company whose profession is approved for the expat workers. and also only when the employee has completed 1 year with the current employer.
There should not be another request pending related to the transfer of the service. The transfer of service shall be in compliance with the notice period upon the validity of the documented employment contract.
The services can be accessed through Absher and Qiwa platforms electronically.
The new LRI system abolished the 70 years old kafala system and is expected to bring positive vibes among the workers and the companies.
However the LRI system doesn’t apply to the following 5 categories,
- Private Drivers
- House Guards
- Domestic workers (maid, gardener)
- Great News : Renewal Of Exit And Re Entry Visas Free Of Charge.
- 8 Situations The Expat Worker Can Transfer To Another Sponsor Without Any Condition
- No More Sponsor’s Approval To Issue Exit Re-Entry Visa | New Reforms In Saudi Arabia
- How To Calculate and Get End Of Service Benefits In Saudi Arabia
- How to Issue Final Exit Visa After Iqama Expiry