Saudi Arabia sets limits for the Indian and Bangladeshi workers in private companies. The firms cannot hire Indian and Bangladeshi workers more than 40% of the total workforce. The Qiwa, a dedicated portal for private firms and companies has set the limit, The local newspaper Okaz learned from very credible sources.
Qiwa portal works under the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development and serves the private sector. As per the news, the limit is put on 4 nationalities that include, Indian, Bangladeshi, Yemeni and, Ethiopian Workers.
According to the report,
- The maximum number of Indian workers in a company can be up to 40% of the total workforce.
- The maximum number of Bangladeshi workers in an organization can be up to 40% of the total workers.
- The maximum number of Yemeni workers in a company can be up to 25% of the total workforce.
- The Ethiopian workers can be up to 1% of the total workforce in a company.
It was revealed that the Qiwa portal has sent emails to many firms and establishments and informed them about the new law and the system.
The email said that the “percentage of workers of Indian nationality cannot exceed 40 percent and that the same percentage is also applicable to Bangladeshi workers. As for the Yemeni and Ethiopian nationals, the maximum limit is 25 percent and one percent respectively”.Saudi gazette Quoted.
Restriction For Companies Not Following The Given Limit.
Qiwa has clearly stated that the companies having workers of these countries more than the limit, will be allowed doing following tasks,
- Companies can issue or renew iqama of their workers.
- Companies can apply for new work permits or renew the permits, like paying Wazarat amal fees
However Qiwa puts some restrictions also that is,
- Firms can’t apply for the issuance of new work visas
- Firms can’t apply for Iqama transfer – Naqal Kafala of additional workers of the same nationality.
The new system came into highlight when the owners of many firms were unable to issue new visas. They were also unable to transfer employees to the other companies that exceeded the maximum limit specified for each nationality.
After the continuous failures in issuing visas and transferring the service of workers, the companies received emails stating,
“You have exceeded the permissible limit of the number of workers for this nationality. So you can request one visa for this nationality in the event that there is no employee of this nationality with you.”
The ministry has also confirmed the new system and told that there is a specific percentage of the workers of “Specific” nationalities according to the system.
- Nitaqat, Colors, Categories and Benefits In Saudi Arabia
- Know About The New Rules Of Exit Re-Entry and Final Exit Visa Procedure Saudi Arabia
- How To Check Iqama status Using Border Number | Passport Number
- Iqama Violations – 20,000 Arrested in a Week
- How To Check And Pay Maktab Amal Fees | 2021 | Latest | MyKSA