In Saudi Arabia, employee transfer is now done through Qiwa platform, working under the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development. The newly introduced Labor Reforms Initiative has implemented new rules for the transfer of sponsorship, enabling the employees to switch their jobs upon completing the employment contract.
By using the online Qiwa platform, the new employer prepares and uploads a contract for the employee. And then, the employee views, reads and accepts the job offer and the contract. Along with that, the current employer plays his role and can accept or reject the transfer request. And, in the end, the ministry of Interior KSA approves the employee transfer.
How To Transfer Employee Through Qiwa In KSA
Below I explain the steps for employee transfer or job change, which first begins with sending the job offer from the new establishment to the worker.
1. Sending Employment Contract Through Qiwa By New Employer
In the very first step, the new employer will create and upload the contract in Qiwa platform. He will provide employees details like iqama number, expiry date, and contact number, etc. The new employer will also add details about job responsibilities, timings, overtime, and other perks and benefits.
After preparing the employment contract, the establishment will upload it in Qiwa. And, the Qiwa status shows, “Pending for laborer approval“
2. Accept Job Offer in Qiwa
As soon as the new employer uploads the contract in Qiwa, the employee receives an SMS on the mobile number registered with the platform. Now, the employee has 10 days to accept or reject it. But before doing any action, read the job contract carefully. For the easiness of the employee, It is written in both Arabic and English languages.
If the employee disagree with the employment contract, you he/she can discuss with new employer to modify the clauses. Once the worker accepts the job offer, then the process moves to the next phase. And, of course, now in the hands of the current employer.
Read More: How to View and Accept Employement Contract
3. Approval By The Current Employer.
After accepting the employment contract, Qiwa forwards the transfer request to the current employer to accept or reject it. And, now, the status in Qiwa shows ” Pending For Current Employer Approval” The period for approval or rejection is 14 days.
The worker transfers if the current employer accepts the request within 14 days. There are also few conditions when the worker can transfers to the new establishment without the approval of the current employer.
- Can’t keep Nitaqat status in green or above and falls in the red category
- Fails to provide iqama to the expatriate worker within 90 days after landing in Saudi Arabia
- Doesn’t renew iqama in time, and it gets expired.
- Unable to pay salaries for consecutive 3 months to the employee
- Refuse to pay the arrears (Tasattur), also known as “Commercial Cover-up.”
- And if the court orders in favor of the expatriate employees, allowing sponsorship transfer.
Rejection: If the current establishment doesn’t accept the transfer request within 14 days, the request to transfer employee through Qiwa cancels.
The status in Qiwa shows “Auto Cancelled due to not approve or reject the request for more than 14 days.”
Furthermore, if the current employer rejects the transfer request, he will explain the reason for rejection. For example, the information of the employee is incorrect. Now the Qiwa status shows “Rejected By Current Employer.”
The workers receive a message: “Dear employee, you have a justification from the establishment owner. Please respond to the justification sent to you by logging into the Mudad through the following link”: https://mudad.com.sa/compliance/#/registration”
4. Pending For Notice Period Approval Status In Qiwa
The employee status changes to ” Pending For Notice Period Approval” when the current employee accepts the employee transfer request. The recent establishment has the option to transfer employees immediately or let the notice period completes.
5. Qiwa Status: Pending Completing Transfer In Absher By New Employer
Once the notice period is over, the job transfer procedure is about to complete. Now, the Qiwa status shows “Pending Completing Transfer In Absher By New Employer.” At this point, the new establishment controls the remaining procedure of employee transfer. The new establishment will pay the fee for the transfer of sponsorship.
The new employer will access Absher to start the remaining procedure within 24 days. If there is no action by the new establishment within the given timeframe, Qiwa cancels the employee transfer. And, the Qiwa Status shows “Expired Because Of Not Completing The Request By The New Employer.”
6. Print the New Iqama
Once the employee transfer procedure completes in Qiwa, it’s time to pay the sponsorship transfer fee. However, it is the employer’s responsibility to clear the dues within 12 days after the acceptance by the current employer. As per the labor rules in Saudi Arabia, the employee is not responsible for paying the employee transfer fee.
Now check the sponsor name in Absher, And as soon as the name changes in the moi platform, visit the Jawazat office to obtain the new iqama. However, it is most probable that the new employer will provide you the new resident id.
Conditions For The New Employer To Transfer Employees Through Qiwa.
The new employer is eligible to submit a job offer if the following conditions meet.
- All licenses are valid ( maktab amal fees paid, none of the employees with an expired iqama)
- Subscribed to the National Address service.
- Nitaqat status should be at least low green and above
- Compliant with the wage protection program no less than 80% for the last 3 months
- 100% documentation (contracts) of the workers uploaded in Qiwa
- 80% commitment to the self-assessment program
- The establishment’s activity should not be one of the activities of farmers and herders.
Conditions for the Worker to Be Eligible For Employee Transfer
The worker must meet the following requirements to accept job contract in Qiwa.
- The worker is on the job, and no absent report (Huroob Status) in the record.
- Job profession is valid for transfer as per labor laws
- Completed 12 months with the current employer on his first entry to the Kingdom
- No other request to transfer the service with another employer in process.
- All violations are paid
- Registered in Qiwa Platform
For the Latest Updates Join Us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- How To Accept Transfer Request In Qiwa | MyKSA
- Know About The New Rules Of Exit Re-Entry and Final Exit Visa Procedure Saudi Arabia
- 8 Situations The Expat Worker Can Transfer To Another Sponsor Without Any Condition
- Qiwa Registration : How To Sign Up On The Portal | MyKSA
- How To Cancel Huroob In Saudi Arabia – Jawazat New Update