Absher portal provides an online service to update passport details in Saudi Arabia. Another common name for the said service is Naqal Maloomat. It is important to update the information in time because you may be unable to use a few services temporarily.
The Post Covers
Naqal Maloomat | Update Passport In Absher Online
First, let me clear that who is eligible to perform the naqal maloomat. For an expatriate worker, The sponsor is authorized to access the online service. Similarly for your dependents, you have the rights to update the passports.
In both cases, the Absher portal is used. Sponsor do that using Absher Business while you can do that by Absher Individual. In addition to that, by using the Absher app, you can also renew the information.
Updating Naqal Maloomat For Dependents Using Absher App.
Although the procedure has no difference whether using the online portal or through the Absher app. However, the only difference is the placement of the services is a little different for both versions.
To update the passport for any of your dependents,
- Log in to your Absher account through the app.
- On the main menu window, click on the E-Services and then choose the sub-menu “Update Resident Passport Information”
- Now the next window opens stating, “Welcome to Update Resident Passport Information”. Click on “Start Using Service”
- A new page opens containing two options, 1- Dependent List, 2- Sponsree List.
- Choose the Dependent List by clicking it.
- Now you have the list of all your dependents. Select the one you want to update passport information.
- Select the dependent and click on Next
Now the main job begins and the most important one too. You must be careful while entering the details. Because a minor mistake may result in visits to the Jawazat office physically.
- Enter the new details such as the new passport number, the expiry date of the passport, etc.
- In the New Passport Issuance Country, Write the name of your country. For example, if you are a citizen of Phillippines then write Phillippines.
- In New passport issuance city, write the name of the capital of your country.
- In Optical Recognition Characters, write the first 10 digits written at the bottom of your passport. If you closely observe, then you may find that it is actually your passport number with some other characters.
- After filling in the details, recheck them and click on Update passport information.
- The next page shows the same information for the double-check. Re-check and click on confirm.
- Boom! the next window shows a message, The passport has been updated successfully.
Using Absher Portal To Update Naqal Maloomat
To update naqal maloomat online through Absher portal.
- visit the portal by clicking here.
- Enter your credentials and OTP to log in
- Now on the main window, type update passport in the search bar
- It will take you directly to the service page, click on it
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- The next screen shows the list of dependents. Choose the one you want to start the procedure of passport update.
- Enter the required details and click on confirm.
After a few checks, the passport will update in Absher. That looks pretty cool. But if there is some error preventing the process then what to do next. And the most common error that appears on the screen is
sorry! you cannot update the passport information. please visit Jawazat for more information.
It is a very common mistake and occurs with many people. In that case, you have 2 options.
- Visit any Jawazat office near you to manually do naqal maloomat
- Place a complaint to Jawazat through Absher App
If you decide to visit Jawazat, then you need
- Old and new passports
- 3 Iqama size pictures
- Fill the Passport update form correctly. You can take help from the people sitting outside the office. They may charge you 20 or 30 riyals. But, they prove to be handy in such situations.
- Submit your documents. In a couple of minutes, you will receive the confirmation message.
- You can confirm it by visiting your Absher account and find if the information has been updated or still pending.
Place A Complaint To Jawazat
Before placing the complaint, you need to prepare a few things to submit in the portal. You need to prepare a single PDF file containing all the required documents. To do that you need,
- Old and new passport of the dependent
- First of all, take a screenshot of the error and save it
- Iqama ( Your’s and dependent)
Make a single PDF file and then,
- Visit the Absher portal through a laptop or PC and log in by using your credentials.
- Now, on the main menu type Messages and Document in the search bar.
- You can also access the service by clicking the services button in “My Services” Tab. Then click on General Services and select Messages and Documents.
Now you need to select the service and other settings as follows,
- To General Directorate Of Passports
- Select Service Name: مشاكل تحديت معلومات جواز السفر و نقل معلومات
- In Subject, write Update Passport Information
- In the message, write the problem you faced. You can write something like,
” Assalamo Alaikum, I was updating the passport information for one of my dependent named ….. But I encountered an error and the process couldn’t be completed successfully. I am attaching the screenshot of the error I faced. In addition, I am providing the other details of my dependent in the pdf file. Kindly check the issue and resolve it. Best Regards”
In a weak or two, Jawazat will resolve the issue and you can update the information online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Do Naqal Maloomat MySelf?
You can update the passport information, Naqal Maloomat of your dependents by using the Absher portal. However, your employer is entitled to update the information for your passport.
How Can I Make Naqal Maloomat Online
To do naqal maloomat, you need to log in to the Absher account. Select E-Services, and then select Passport. In the next menu select “Update Resident Passport Information”
How can I transfer my Saudi visa to new passport?
If you are traveling to Saudi Arabia and have both passports, old having the stamped visa and new ones. At the airport, the immigration officer will do the procedure and let you enter the Kingdom. But make sure that you keep both passports.
- How To Book Jawazat Appointment In Absher
- How To Check Border Number In Saudi Arabia – Query Border Number
- Download MOI Forms: Istiqdam Form – Passport Update Form – Iqama Form
- Absher: How To Change, Update And Verify Mobile Number | MyKSA
- Final Exit Visa For Family Members And Dependents | New Method