The Absher portal has made things simple. Now you can renew driving license online in Saudi Arabia within a few minutes. How can you do that.? That’s what I am going to explain in this article.
You can use Absher web or Absher app, whichever is comfortable. The procedure is the same for both. Here, I am using the Absher app to demonstrate the renewal process.
Renew Driving License In Absher Portal.
Before applying for license renewal in Absher, You need to meet a few requirements. I am listing down all of them.
- You should have an Absher account.
- Your existing driving license should have an expiry date of fewer than 180 days.
- If you have any traffic violation, Pay it before renewing license.
- Pay license renewal fee.
- Pass the medical test from an approved hospital.
If you have completed all the above steps, then let’s start the renewal procedure.
- Open Absher App and Log in to your account.
- After successful login, go to the Dashboard and tap on your picture.
- Now you are in your profile. Scroll down until you find ‘Renew Driving license’ with the green background color. Tap on it
- The renewal service will start. Now tap on ‘Start Using Service’
The service will auto-select the type of driving License. Mostly it is a private driving license. Anyhow if you have a commercial license, Yet the service will select it automatically.
- Now, Select the number of years. It is better to select at least five years. But if you have planned to stay in Saudi Arab for more than five years, better you choose renewal for 10 Years.
- On the next page, tap on ‘Confirm.’
- In the final step, Again tap on confirm to finish the renewal procedure.
Once you have completed the procedure, then it’s time to collect the renewed driving license. We have explained how you can receive the license quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my driving license online?
Yes, you can. This post describes an online process for license renewal in Saudi Arabia. However, you must have an Absher Account. Now Absher is providing all services related to the driving license.
How much does driving license costs?.
If you are applying for a new driving license, then you may have to pay for the school fee. Now it is mandatory to take admission in driving school for most of the people. Besides, the cost of the medical test is 105 riyals. The school fee is 435 Saudi riyals. Next, per year fee for driving license is 40 Saudi riyals. If you want a license for five years, it will cost you 200 riyals. So in lump sump, it is 750 riyals.
If you are renewing the license, then you have to pay 105 riyals for medical test and 40 riyals per year for driving license. So the amount for five-year license renewal costs 305 Saudi riyals.
Can I drive in Saudi Arabia with UAE License?
Yes, you can drive. Driving license of GCC countries is acceptable in Saudi Arabia. But you should apply for a Saudi driving license within three months. Also, you can swap your UAE license with Saudi license easily without going through any driving test.
Can I rent a car on Umrah Visa in saudi arabia.
Unluckily you cannot rent a car on Umrah or Hajj visa. There are multiple reasons behind it. Firstly, you can hire a taxi in Makkah or Madinah easily. Secondly, there are millions of pilgrims visiting Saudi Arabia every year. If the Saudi govt allows this, the road will jam-pack all the time. And it would be trouble to drive instead of ease.
Can female expats drive in Saudi Arabia.?
Saudi Govt has introduced new rules. Now females with a valid driving license can drive in Saudi Arabia. Any female expat can apply for a driving license. But if she is a visitor, still she can rent a car, and enjoy driving.
How much is the fine for driving without a license?
There is a minimum fine of five hundred riyals and a maximum fine of nine hundred riyals. If you drive without obtaining a driving license from muroor in Saudi Arabia, in addition to the fine, muroor can keep your car in custody.Also Read: