MOL, Ministry of Labour Saudi Arabia, has a dedicated service to check iqama status with border number. You can also use a passport number for that. The service is online so you can find the status from any place.
If you are new to Saudi Arabia, although, it is not possible to check issuance of iqama number. However, you can know the iqama status and whether the sponsor has paid the required fees essential for the printing of Iqama.
The Post Covers
Check Iqama Status with Border Number.
To start the procedure,
- Visit the MOL Portal.
- Now enter a 10-digit border number in the very first option.
- Enter your nationality, 6-digit captcha code, and hit the submit button.
The next window shows the iqama status by providing the following information.
- Your Name
- Worker Number (MOL issues it when the sponsor pays the maktab amal fees)
- Your Working Status. (It means that you are present at your company and don’t have a huroob status)
- Organization’s Nitaqat status. ( The organization can be in any nitaqat category depending upon the number of Saudi citizens employed )
- And the status of the work license issued by MOL
Check Iqama Status With Passport Number
Let’s say that you couldn’t find your border number. In that case, you can use your passport number. If you take a look at the first image, you can find an option to use it. Now,
- In the 2nd option, enter the Passport number
- Provide your nationality and then a 6-digit captcha code. For example, if you are an Indian citizen then select “Indian”.
- And hit the submit button
On the next screen, the system shows the iqama status.
Using Iqama Number
Now, what if you already have iqama and want to know about iqama renewal status? I have a dedicated post on it. How to check the renewal status of iqama
Check Passport Number Online
There are 2 methods to check Passport number in Saudi Arabia.
1- Physical / Offline Method
2- Online Method
In the 1st method, if you have a physical passport, open it and on the very first page, you can find the passport number. Write it down or save it.
Online Method: Visit Muqeem Portal
In the 2nd method, You can check passport number online through Muqeem Portal. But before visiting the portal, make sure you have the Iqama number and Date of Birth.
- Open Muqeem site by clicking here.
- Enter your Iqama number
- In the 2nd option enter your date of birth.
- Now click on ‘Check ‘
The next window shows your Passport Number.
Iqama Not Issued What To Do?
You are eligible to transfer sponsorship if your iqama is not issued within 3 months from the entry date into Saudi Arabia. In that case, you don’t need the approval from the employer.
Recommended: How To Accept Transfer Request In Qiwa