Huroob is a term widely used in Saudi Arabia for those workers who are continuously absent from work or run away from their employers without permission and, have been reported to the Ministry of Labor to change their iqama status as “Absent from Work.”
You must check your iqama huroob status by using the service, “الاستعلام عن موظف وافد“, available on the website of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, if you were absent from work due to any reason.
Moreover, you can also use Absher apart from MOL portal.
The Post Contains
- To check iqama huroob on the MOL KSA – Ministry of Labor, you need one of the following details;
- Iqama number
- Border number
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
- Absher credentials ( username, password) if you are using the Absher.
Which Iqama Professions Can Inquire Huroob Status?
All workers whose work permits are issued by the Ministry of Labor can check huroob through these methods. And, for domestic workers, only house drivers or saiq khas are eligible to use the ministry’s portal.
Check Huroob Status Using Iqama Number on MOL
You can check huroob on the Ministry of Labor (MOL) website by using the iqama number by following the given procedure. Also, keep in mind that the service is available in Arabic language only.
- Open “الاستعلام عن موظف وافد” service on the Ministry of Labor’s MOL Portal by clicking on the link https://mol.gov.sa/Services/Inquiry/NonSaudiEmpInquiry.aspx
- Now enter Iqama number in the “رقم الإقامة” field
- Select your nationality from the “الجنسية” drop-down menu.
- Enter the 6-digit captcha code and click on the green(“بحث“) button.
- The system shows huroob status on the next screen.
If the status shows as ‘علی راس العمل (At Work)’ then it means that your employer hasn’t reported your absentee to the labor office. But if it shows as ‘متغيب عن العمل (Absent From Work)’ then your iqama has huroob status.
Furthermore, you can take steps to cancel huroob status within 20 days.
Iqama Huroob Check Using Passport Number
You can check iqama huroob status by passport number in the following way.
- Visit the MOL KSA web portal by clicking here
- Enter your Passport number in the “رقم الجواز” field
- Enter Nationality from the drop-down menu of الجنسية
- Now enter the Captcha code and click on “بحث”
- The system fetches huroob status and shows it on the screen.
How To Check Huroob In Absher
As soon as the employer reports the huroob, all legal services and documents, including iqama, become null and void. Therefore, by inquiring about the iqama expiry date in Absher, the worker can check huroob status. To do that;
- Log in to Absher portal by entering your credential
- Now, click on ‘query iqama expiry service’
- Enter the iqama number and the captcha code and click on next.
- On the screen, if the message ” The given id is invalid” appears then it means that huroob is in place against that iqama.
Check Huroob Status For Domestic Workers
We have observed that people who are domestic workers ( house drivers, maids, housekeepers, saiq khas), have more chances of getting huroob. Because it is in the hands of the kafeels or sponsors to report them as “Absent” with or without any solid reason.
However, after the implementation of the new kafala system, the role of kafeel is no longer in force. So the chances of iqama huroob have decreased significantly.
Now the sponsor can’t report absenteeism if the iqama of the domestic worker has expired. Furthermore, such workers can now transfer sponsorship with ease.
In addition to that, the domestic worker can transfer sponsorship to other employer through Qiwa portal.
Because these professions don’t fall under the Ministry of Labor’s nitaqat system. Therefore, their huroob status is not available on MOL platform. The domestic workers will get this message.
- لا يوجد عاملين بالمواصفات المسجلة
However, house drivers (saiq khas) can check their huroob status by using any of the method as explained above.
All other domestic workers have to visit Jawazat or Labor office known as maktab amal.Also Read: