Huroob is a term widely used in Saudi Arabia for those workers who are continuously absent from work or run away from their employers without permission and, have been reported to the Ministry of Labor to change their iqama status as “Absent from Work.”
If you were absent from work due to any reason then you must check your iqama huroob status by using the service, “الاستعلام عن موظف وافد“, available on the ministry of labor and social development portal.
Moreover, apart from mol portal, you can also use Absher platform.
- You need one of the following details if you are using the MOL-ministry of labor portal.
- Iqama number
- Border number
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
- Absher credentials ( username, password) if you are using Absher portal.
Which Iqama Professions Can Inquire The Status
All workers whose work permits are issued by the Ministry of Labor can check huroob through these methods. And, for domestic worker, only house drivers or saiq khas are eligible to use the ministry’s portal.
How To Check Huroob Status On Iqama
Using Iqama Number on MOL Portal- 1st Method
You can check iqama huroob status on the Ministry of Labor (MOL) website by using the iqama number by following the given procedure. Also, keep in mind that the service is available in Arabic language only.
- Open “الاستعلام عن موظف وافد” service on the Ministry of Labor’s MOL Portal by clicking on the link https://mol.gov.sa/Services/Inquiry/NonSaudiEmpInquiry.aspx
- Now enter Iqama number in the “رقم الإقامة” field
- Select your nationality from the “الجنسية” drop-down menu.
- Enter the 6-digit captcha code and click on the green(“بحث“) button.
- The system shows huroob status on the next screen.
If the status shows as ‘علی راس العمل (At Work)’ then it means that your employer hasn’t reported your absentee to the labor office. But if it shows as ‘متغيب عن العمل (Absent From Work)’ then your iqama has huroob status.
Furthermore, you can take steps to cancel huroob status within 20 days.
Use Passport Number – Method 2
You can check huroob status by passport number in the following way.
- Visit the MOL KSA web portal by clicking here
- Enter your Passport number in the “رقم الجواز” field
- Enter Nationality from the drop-down menu of الجنسية
- Now enter the Captcha code and click on “بحث”
- The system fetches huroob details and shows them on the screen.
How To Check Huroob In Absher
As soon as the employer reports the huroob, all legal services and documents, including iqama, become null and void. Therefore, by inquiring about the iqama expiry date in Absher, the worker can check huroob status. To do that;
- Log in to Absher portal by entering your credential
- Now, click on ‘query iqama expiry service’
- Enter the iqama number and the captcha code and click on next.
- On the screen, if the message ” The given id is invalid” appears then it means that huroob is in place against that iqama.
Check Huroob Status For Domestic Workers
We have observed that people who are domestic workers ( house drivers, maids, housekeepers, saiq khas), have more chances of getting huroob. Because it is in the hands of the kafeels or sponsors to report them as “Absent” with or without any solid reason.
Read More: What Are Huroob Types, Ban Duration and Penalties
However, after the implementation of the new kafala system, the role of kafeel is about to end. So the chances of getting huroob will decrease significantly.
Now the sponsor can’t report absenteeism if the iqama of the domestic worker has expired. Furthermore such worker can now transfer sponsorship with ease.
In addition to that, now the domestic worker can transfer sponsorship to other employer through Qiwa portal.
Because these professions don’t fall under the Ministry of Labor’s nitaqat system. Therefore, their huroob status is not available on MOL platform. The domestic workers will get this message.
- لا يوجد عاملين بالمواصفات المسجلة
However, house drivers (saiq khas) can check their huroob status by using any of the method as explained above.
All other domestic workers have to visit Jawazat or Labor office known as maktab amal.
- How To Check Name Of Anyone With Iqama Number
- How To Check Iqama Red Green Color Status – Nitaqat Status
- How To Check New Iqama Number Issued or Not Using Border – Passport Number
- How To Check Health Insurance Status – Expiry Date | MyKSA
- Difference Between Absent From Work & Absconding (Huroob) in Saudi Arabia