Iqama expiry means the date on which the resident permit (iqama) of a person working or living in Saudi Arabia expires. In order to legally reside or work in Saudi Arabia, it is important that your iqama is valid and renewed on time.
To check iqama expiry date, Saudi authorities offer several services which are as follows;
- Check iqama expiry in Absher
- Check iqama expiry without Absher
- By SMS Received from Ministry of Interior – moi.gov.sa
- By Activating Digital Iqama
- Through Muqeem Portal
- On Tawakkalna Portal
The Post Contains
How To Check Iqama Expiry Date In Absher
1. Using Absher App
The iqama expiry date is available in the “My Profile” section of the Absher app. All you have to do is download the app and do the following;
- Open Absher app
- Login to your account by providing the Username and password
- Now click on the ‘My Services‘ Tab
- Click on ‘View My Profile‘
- Select ‘My Iqama‘ from the list
- On the next window, the iqama validity and its issuance date appears.
Query Iqama Expiry In Gregorian Date
If the Absher app shows the iqama expiry date in the Hijri calendar then by doing a small setting you can query iqama expiry in English date.
- Log in to the Absher app
- Click on the ‘Settings‘ icon located in the top right corner
- In Calendar settings, click on ‘Gregorian‘
- Now click on the ‘My Services‘ Tab
- Click on ‘View My Profile‘
- Click on ‘My Iqama’
- Your iqama expiry date will be displayed on the screen in the Gregorian calendar date.
2. Iqama Expiry Check Using Absher Web Portal
For the purpose of iqama expiry check, you can use Absher portal in three ways;
- To find iqama expiry of any iqama holder using iqama number through the dedicated service “Query Iqama Expiry Service“.
- To check the expiry of your Iqama
- To check iqama validity of your dependents
Iqama Validity Check For Any Iqama Holder
- Visit Absher.sa and log in to your account
- Under the ‘Other Services” Tab, click on ‘Query Iqama Expiry Service“
- Enter the Iqama Number and the Image Code
- Now Click on ‘View‘
Iqama expiry date displays for the iqama number you entered in the Absher
Know the Expiry Date of Your Iqama
To check the validity of your iqama in Absher, you can do the following,
- Visit Absher – https://absher.sa/
- Select Individual and log in to your account.
- Click on the 3 vertical-dots menu and select Dashboard.
- Now click on ‘More details‘
- You can see your iqama expiry date Under the ‘Iqama information‘ tab
Iqama Expiry Date Check For Dependents
In the Absher web portal, you can check iqama expiry date of your dependents. To do that,
- Visit the Absher web portal and log in by entering your credentials
- Click on the 3 vertical dots and select ‘Dashboard’
- Click on ‘More Details’
- Under ‘Iqama Information‘ you can know iqama expiry date of your dependents.
Check Iqama Expiry Date Without Absher
There are a few methods to check iqama expiry date without Absher which I am enlisting below.
Check Iqama Validity on mol.gov.sa
To check iqama expiry date without Absher, Wazarat Amal (Ministry of Labor) provides a simple online procedure. You just need to provide your iqama number and date of birth.
- Visit Wazarat Amal online portal https://www.mol.gov.sa/IndividualUser/BasicInfo.aspx
- Tick the check box and then click on the green button “أقر وأتعهد”
- Click on the language icon to change the language from Arabic to English or Urdu.
- Now enter the Iqama number and date of birth in the Gregorian or in Hijri date.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Next‘
- Your iqama expiry date shows on the next screen.
Query Iqama Expiry In The Bank Account
This method is quite simple and easy to check iqama expiry without Absher. Anyone having a bank account in Saudi Arabia including, SNB bank, Quickpay, Tahweel al Rajhi, Foree account holders can use this method. Furthermore, you can view iqama expiry in Hijri and Gregorian dates.
Procedure To Check Iqama Date
For the purpose of checking iqama expiry date of this guide, I am using SNB online banking. however you can use SNB app as well. Further, the procedure is similar for all other bank account holders.
- Login to SNB Bank account by clicking on this link. Click Here
- Enter username, password, 6-digit code, and click on ‘Login’
- Now enter OTP sent on your mobile phone and click on ‘Next
- After successful login, click on the ‘Settings’ located Under the Home Section.
- Click on ‘ID Expiry Update
- The system will show you the iqama expiry date.
3. Receiving SMS From Ministry of Interior moi.gov.sa -Jawazat
Ministry of Interior- Jawazat sends a message about iqama expiry date on the resident’s mobile number associated with his Absher account. The message usually arrives 30 days before the iqama validity ends. Moreover, the ministry also sends the SMS upon the iqama renewal.
4. Activating Digital Iqama
The digital iqama has all the important pieces of information and you can also see your iqama expiry date on it.
5. By Using Muqeem Portal
Another portal for iqama expiry check is Muqeem. However, only sponsors (Companies and Kafeels) can use and know the validity status. Because It’s not a free portal and is dedicated only to the companies.
The service has annual charges for usage, and the companies accessing it, pay the fees. However, for an expatriate, the Absher portal does the job.
Check Iqama Expiry Date For Dependants on Tawakkalna
Usually, the iqama for dependents expires along with yours. So the expiry date is mostly the same. However, the iqama expiry date for sponsrees (your maid, the cook, etc.) can be different from yours.
To know iqama expiry date for such dependents;
- Log in to the Tawakkalna app using your iqama number and Absher’s password.
- Now click on “Digital Document”
- Click on “Family Members”
- On the next screen, you can see the expiry date
Note: The following relations fall under Sponsrees: Mother, father, brother, sister, Maid, and Husband under the iqama of the wife.
How To Check Iqama Expiry Date Outside Saudi Arabia
You can use the above-described methods to check iqama expiry date if you are outside Saudi Arabia. Sometimes there can be difficulty in accessing the Absher platform. In that case, you can find the iqama validity date on digital iqama or login to your bank account.
Check Iqama Expiry Red Green
A reason for iqama expiry is the red category in Nitaqat. It is also known as iqama status red, green, and yellow. It shows the categories in which the sponsor falls.
Any company in the red category can’t renew iqama of its employees until the status gets back to green.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How Long Does it Take to Renew Iqama?
1-2 Days! Yes, that’s true. Renewal of iqama takes only up to 2 days. Jawazat issues iqama, If the company/kafeel fulfills the requirements for iqama. There is no delay from Jawazat.
How many years does the Iqama Expiry?
In most cases, iqama expiry is for one year. However, the iqama card (ID) is issued for five years. May it sound confusing? When iqama is released. The expiry date is five years for the Iqama card. After five years, Jawazat issues a new iqama card (id).
Can Iqama be renewed for two years?
The answer is YES. Iqama can be renewed for two years. However, it depends upon a few factors. Like the status of the company in Nitaqat, the agreement between you and the company. Etc.
Can we renew iqama for six months?
Iqama is renewed for a year. However, if you want to stay for six months, you can.
Can I go exit with an expired iqama?
As per the new rules, you can’t exit with an expired iqama. First, the employer will renew your iqama and then the final exit visa will be issued.
How to Check if the Iqama is renewed?
As per the new system, As soon as your iqama renews, you will receive a message on your mobile number registered with Absher. However, before you could receive an SMS, make sure that you register and activate your Absher accountAlso Read: