Every Iqama has a minimum validity of 1 year and a maximum of 5 years. To stay in Saudi Arabia legally it is a must to renew it before it expires.
But, what if you don’t know about the expiry date and the iqama doesn’t renew on time? In that case, the Jawazat charges fines and penalties on an expired iqama.
Therefore to check iqama expiry date you can use the following methods:
- By using Absher App
- Through Query Iqama Expiry Service in Absher online web portal
- On the MOL ( Ministry of Labor) online platform
- By SMS Received from Ministry of Interior
- By Activating Digital Iqama
- Through Muqeem Portal
By using Absher’s web portal, App, and Ahli bank online portal, you just need to log in, however, if you are using the MOL platform then you need Iqama number and Date of Birth to check iqama validity or expiry date.
The Post Contains
How To Check Iqama Expiry Date
By Logging in to Absher App or web portal, and submitting your iqama number, you can check iqama expiry date – iqama validity easily. Let’s begin with the App and then I will discuss the web portal method as well as the other ways.
1. Using Absher App To Check Iqama Expiry Date
You only need to log in to the Absher app to check iqama status. In your profile, your iqama expiry date is available. To check that,
- Open Absher app
- Login to your account by providing the Username and password
- Now click on the ‘My Services‘ Tab
- Click on ‘View My Profile‘
- Select ‘My Iqama‘ from the list
- On the next window, the system shows iqama expiry date and also its issuance date.
2. Iqama Expiry Date Check Using Absher Web Portal
On the Absher online platform, the Ministry of Interior has provided a dedicated service “Query Iqama Expiry Service“. Access the service by logging in to the portal and enter the iqama number for expiry check. The complete procedure is as follows,
- Visit Absher.sa and log in to your account
- Under the ‘Other Services” Tab, click on ‘Query Iqama Expiry Service“
- Enter Iqama Number and the Image Code
- Now Click on ‘View’
The system displays iqama expiry date (validity)
Method For Dependents
In the Absher web portal, you can check iqama expiry date of your dependents and also yours by just logging in. To do that,
- Visit Absher web portal and log in by entering your credentials
- Click on the 3 vertical dots and select ‘Dashboard’
- Click on ‘More Details’
- Scroll down, under ‘Iqama Information‘, you can check iqama expiry date
3. Receiving SMS From Ministry of Interior MOI-Jawazat
Ministry of Interior- Jawazat sends an SMS about iqama expiry on the mobile number associated with Absher. The message usually arrives 30 days before the iqama validity ends. Moreover, the ministry sends the SMS upon the iqama renewal
4. Activating Digital Iqama
With the introduction of Digital Iqama, it is not necessary to keep iqama card in your pocket. Now download digital iqama through the Absher app and save it on your mobile. The digital iqama has all the important pieces of information including iqama expiry date.
You can read a detailed guide here: How To Create and Activate Digital Iqama
5. By Using Muqeem Portal
Another portal for iqama status check is Muqeem. However, only sponsors (Companies and Kafeels) can use and check the validity status. Because It’s not a free portal. The service has annual usage charges, and the companies accessing it, pay the fees.
However, for an expatriate, the Absher portal does the job.
Check Iqama Expiry Date For Dependants on Tawakkalna
Usually the iqama for dependants expire along with yours. So the expiry date is mostly same. However the iqama expiry date for sponsrees can be different from yours. To check expiry date for such dependents;
- Log in to the Tawakkalna app using your iqama number and Absher’s password.
- Now click on “Digital Document”
- Click on “Family Members”
- On the next screen you can see the expiry date
Note: The following relations fall under Sponsrees: Mother, father, brother, sister, Maid, and Husband under the iqama of wife.
How to Check Iqama Validity In Gregorian Calendar
By using the Ministry of Labor web portal or Absher App, you can check Iqama expiry date in Gregorian date. But, If you can’t access the Absher app, then visit the Ministry of labor platform and enter iqama number and date of birth.
1. Use Absher App
Absher app shows iqama expiry date in Gregorian date by changing Hijri calendar to Gregorian. The calendar settings are available in the ‘settings’ menu.
How can you change the settings and check iqama validity date in Gregorian? Here is the complete procedure,
- Log in to Absher app
- Click on the ‘Settings‘ icon located in the top right corner
- In Calendar settings, click on ‘Gregorian‘
- Now click on the ‘My Services‘ Tab
- Click on ‘View My Profile‘
- Click on ‘My Iqama’
- Your iqama expiry date will be displayed in the Gregorian calendar date on the screen.
Keep in mind that, in case the Saudi iqama is expired then it needs renewal as soon as possible. Also, moi Jawazat charges fines and penalties for the late renewal. Therefore, to avoid penalties, renewing it before the expiration is better.
2. Using the Ministry of Labor Portal
In this method, by entering Iqama number and date of birth on the Ministry of Labor KSA portal, you can check iqama expiry date easily.
Furthermore, it displays the iqama validity in both, the Hijri and Gregorian calendars. The procedure is as follows,
- Open the MOL KSA portal by using the given link. mol.gov.sa
- Enter your full name as written on the iqama and the date of birth. Then, enter a 6-digit captcha code and click on ‘Next
- The new window will show the iqama expiry date in English and Hijri dates.
However, to use this method you should be inside KSA because the MOL KSA portal is only accessible within Saudi Arabia.
How To Check Iqama Expiry Date Outside Saudi Arabia
You may find problems while accessing the Absher portal from outside KSA. If you are experiencing that, then ask a friend or family member residing inside KSA to help you. He/she can access Absher portal and check your iqama expiry date.
Check Iqama Expiry Red Green
A reason for iqama expiry is the red category in nitaqat. It is also known as iqama status red, green, yellow. It shows the categories in which the sponsor falls. Any company in red can’t renew iqama of its employees. The employees will have to wait until the status gets back to green. On the other hand, the employee can change the company by applying through Qiwa.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How Long Does it Take to Renew Iqama?
1-2 Days! Yes, that’s true. Renewal of iqama takes only up to 2 days. Jawazat issues iqama, If the company/kafeel fulfills the requirements for iqama. There is no delay from Jawazat.
How many years does the Iqama Expiry?
In most cases, iqama expiry is for one year. However, the iqama card (ID) is issued for five years. May it sound confusing? When iqama is released. The expiry date is five years for the Iqama card. After five years, Jawazat issues a new iqama card (id).
Can Iqama be renewed for two years?
The answer is YES. Iqama can be renewed for two years. However, it depends upon a few factors. Like the status of the company in Nitaqat, the agreement between you and the company. Etc.
Can we renew iqama for six months?
Iqama is renewed for a year. However, if you want to stay for six months, you can. But you will have six months to live in Saudi Arabia.
Can I go exit with an expired iqama?
Yes, you can exit with an expired iqama. There is no issue at all. Kafeel/ Company can arrange a final exit visa for you.
How to Check if the Iqama is renewed?
As per the new system, As soon as your iqama renews, you will receive a message on your mobile number registered with Absher. However, before you can receive an SMS, make sure that you register and activate your Absher account.
Was this article helpful to you? Please give us your opinion by commenting below. If you have any questions or queries, then please ask us. We will try our best to help you as much as we can.Also Read: