Ministry of Labor provides a dedicated online service to check maktab amal fees. The purpose of the service is to provide the status of the said fees deposited or not.
The fee is obligatory to issue and renew iqama. In this article, we will discuss the fee and then how to check whether the maktab amal fee paid or not. Furthermore, Maktab amal is also known as wazarat amal.
The Post Contains
Maktab Amal Fees
Before we start to check whether the fees are paid or not. Let’s discuss the maktab amal fees for employees working in different sectors.
For Domestic Workers (House Drivers, Saiq Khas, Maids, Farmers, Herders, etc.)
Wazarat amal does not charge maktab amal fee for domestic workers. It is because they work as private labor. They are also not categorized as industrial or non-industrial workers. That’s why the Saudi govt has exempted them from paying the fee.
Small Companies Having 1-5 workers.
The KSA Govt. doesn’t charge small organizations for the fee on one condition. Only, if the owner is also a full-time employee of the organization, the fees are waived. However, the iqama renewal fee applies.
For Medium and Large Companies Having Required Saudi Workers ( More Than 50%)
For Medium and Large Companies With Less Than Required Saudi Workers (Less Than 50%)
The rules and nitaqat system are strict for such companies. So the maktab amal fee is. They will pay 9600 riyals in 2022. The Govt emphasizes fulfilling the given criteria for Saudization. So, as a result of not meeting the required Saudi workforce, they pay more fees.
Exemptions From Maktab Amal Work Permit Fees
Few professions and individuals are not bound to pay the fee. These include,
- Expats working in Government organizations.
- Widow of a Saudi Citizen
- Expat Wives married to Saudi men
- Children whose mother or father is Saudi.
- Domestic workers. (We have already discussed them above.)
- The companies having up to nine expat workers will pay wazarat amal fee for 4 workers only. If the owner is a full-time employee of the firm. The Govt will waive the payment for five expats in that case.
Industrial Sector Employees
The Saudi cabinet facilitated the industrial sector by subsidizing the maktab amal fee. In 2019 they approved the fee as 100 riyals per year for each employee for the next 5 years. So it means that in 2022 and, 2023 the fee will remain unchanged.
Check Maktab Amal Fees – Wazarat Amal Fee Paid or Not
As per the KSA rules, Companies/organizations are responsible for paying maktab e Amal ( Wazarat Amal) fees for their expat workers. The Govt. receives it at the time of issuance and renewal of iqama.
One of the main reasons for the delay of iqama is the non-payment of the said fees. Here is the procedure to find out if the fee is paid or not.
- Visit the ministry of social welfare and labor website. Click Here
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘خدمة رخص العمل.‘
- Now, enter the Iqama number or the Border number.
- If you are facing a delay in the renewal of iqama, then enter the iqama number, but if, it is a delay in new iqama issuance, then enter the border number. It is a 10-digit code. You will find it on the passport and written by hand.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘بحث.‘
تم السداد / قيد السداد / منتهية الصلاحية ( Paid / Unpaid / Expired)
If the company has deposited the fee, then the next screen will show the following message. “تم السداد.” It means that maktab amal has received the payment successfully. But if it is unpaid, It will show, ‘منتهية الصلاحية.’ That means the bill has expired and the fee is yet to be paid.
Your company or kafeel will generate a sadad reference number. So you may ask them to provide you with the active number. If no payment is deposited within 15 days then it will expire. And the company will regenerate it by requesting moi.
However, if it shows the status as “قيد السداد” then it means that the reference number has been generated. So now, you can pay for it. Below is the method to pay maktab amal fees on your iqama.
The status in the above picture shows that the fee has been paid. Furthermore, you can see a few digits ‘15401209620127’ in the above picture on the left. In fact, that is Sadad’s reference number. If the fees are not paid, then by using that reference number, you can pay the wazarat amal fees.
How To Pay Maktab Amal Fees – Wazarat Amal Fees
For payment of maktab amal fees, you will need a bank account. I am using the Bank Al Ahli account. However, the procedure might be a little different for other banks.
- Visit al Ahli online portal by Clicking Here.
- Enter your credentials to sign in.
- After successful login, click on Sadad, under the Home tab, and then click ‘One Time Sadad Payment.’
- On the next page, In the first ‘Biller Option’ select ‘Govt Agencies.’ In the next biller option, select ‘Ministry of Labor.’ Its number is ’50’ in the drop-down menu. And in the ‘Subscriber Number,’ enter the sadad reference number, we obtained from the MOL portal. After that, click on proceed.
- On the next screen, enter the amount you want to deposit. The system won’t show you the amount.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your mobile from Ahli bank. Enter the code and click on proceed.
- The next screen will confirm that the payment is deposited in maktab amal.
Maktab Amal Fees – Work Permit Fees
The Saudi govt has announced that the maktab amal fees won’t increase in 2025. The organizations will pay the same fee as of 2024. The fees are SAR 9600 for companies having less than 50% Saudis and SAR 8400 for the organizations having the required number of Saudis. The said fees are for non-industrial sector employees.
The Govt is giving the subsidy to the industrial sector for wazarat amal fees. Now, it is as low as 100 Riyals.
Check Iqama Fees
Check Iqama Expiry
Wazarat amal (maktab amal) fees are due at the time of iqama expiry. Now, MOI doesn’t print iqama validity on the Muqeem card (iqama). Therefore, the Absher portal is providing the service. You can find iqama expiry date by Absher. The portal shows the validity in Arabic as well as in the Gregorian date.Also Read: