Engineers and technicians who come to KSA for work need to register themselves in Saudi Engineering Council for Iqama renewal.
Let’s get into the detailed process of registering in Saudi Engineering Council (SCE) with or without a diploma.
Benefits Of SCE Registration
There are several benefits to registering for SCE. You can apply for the following:
- Family travel visa
- Saudi Arabia driving license
- Visa-free entry for UAE
- Saudi Arabia visa PR
- Visa-free entry into Qatar
Documents Required For SCE Registration
For registration form completion at SCE, you will need the following documents:
- Your formal photograph with white background
- Scanned copy of Iqama – an essential document
- Your passport’s scanned copy
- Attested degree of your graduation, attested from the Saudi Embassy
- Letter of Authorization – this letter is from the Saudi Council of Engineers and can be easily downloaded from the SCE website.
- Letter of Introduction – this letter would be from your employer in which your name, date of joining, gross salary, etc. would be mentioned and attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- All academic transcripts and mark sheets.
|It is better to keep multiple copies of all these documents with you.|
An authorization letter is also required for registering for SCE. It is an attested letter of introduction from the Chamber of Commerce of KSA.
SCE Registration Fee
- The registration fee for this process is 500 Saudi Riyal.
- The fee for council membership is SR 200 per year for technicians and SR 250 for engineers.
- By combining both, the total fee for technicians is SR 700, and for engineers is SR 750.
The Registration process for Technicians (Diploma Holders) And Engineers
First, you will open the SCE official website: https://eservices.saudieng.sa/en/accreditation/Pages/registration.aspx and follow the steps as below:
- Enter the required details, i.e. your email, phone number, and membership classification, that is: engineer, diploma holder, and nationality.
- Then for activation of your account, log in to your email account, verify your account and open it.
- Enter all your details in your SCE account including passport number, Iqama number, expiry date, and Iqama profession.
- Now, the system will fill in your name and employer name while you have to enter your date and country of birth.
- Select your country, region, and city of stay.
- Then, upload your photo with white background.
- Select the membership duration with the SCE and the required cost mentioned above.
- Then you will select the diploma holder option from the list.
- Enter all information on your diploma certificate, graduation year, country, specialization, and institute name.
- Upload all your documents very carefully in the Saudi engineering Council portal as a technician or engineer.
- After that, you will receive a SADAD number and must pay SR 500 as a registration fee.
Once the fee is paid, SCE will ask for further verification of your documents, and you will get an SMS for a membership fee. When you pay that, your status will be uploaded to Yaqeen verified, and Jawazat will be updated.
|For the biller code, select 123 Saudi Council of Engineers, subscribe to the number, and then the SADAD bill number will be sent to you. You can select SCE as a short name.|
For Technicians Without Diploma
The foreigners who aren’t diploma holders, have to follow all the above guidelines, but when it comes to asking about your certificate or diploma, select ‘No.’
This registration without a certificate or diploma is just for a period of one year. After registration, you must get a diploma or change the Iqama profession. Once the 1-year period is expired, you will not be allowed to change your profession or renew your Iqama.
Saudi Council of Engineers has given a list of professionals who need this registration. They require this for Iqama renewal. Some of them are:
- Building Surveyor
- Road surveyor
- Photographic surveyor
- Electrical draftsman
- Electronics technicians
Keep in mind that your application can be rejected. You will get an email or SMS from SCE after verification. There’s no need to panic if it is due to some reason like incomplete or unclear documents. The fire and safety engineer profession is reserved for Saudis, so don’t expect a positive reply from there.
In case your application gets rejected, contact their customer support at (920020820) or visit the Saudi Engineering Council office personally for any advice or correction that is required. They will guide you.
Temporary to Permanent Registration
When you would have a temporary membership type as Engineer with Non-Engineering Iqama, your status of Jawazat and Yaqeen in your profile would be in Red. For temporary membership, you must provide your temporary membership number to the HR or Government Relations Officers of your company. In between process will be done by him, and the MOI will notify you about your Iqama profession.
- After receiving an SMS, open your SCE profile and click on “Update Jawazat.”
- You will be sent another SMS for payment to pay SR 100.
- After payment, your Jawazat and Yaqeen status would turn Green. This means your profile is verified to Engineer with Engineering Iqama.
- Your temporary membership will be transferred to permanent membership within 1-2 months, and you will receive your SCE membership card.
How To Print SCE Certificate
You can download your SCE certificate from the Mumaris plus account https://portal.scfhs.org.sa/en-US/Account/Login.
- Enter username and password.
- On the left side, you will see a My Certificate option; select it.
- Click on Downloading The Certificate.
- You can download it in PDF format.
How To Check SCE Membership
You can check the Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE) Membership Validity of Engineers and Technicians by following these steps:
- Go to SCE’s official website
- Click Home
- Click eService
- Then, Accreditation
- Click on Enquiry on Engineer Membership
- Then, enter your Iqama number and the captcha
- Press Enter
By following this method, you can check your membership.
SCE Timings & Contact Number
The SCE is open from Sunday to Friday.
- Timings: 7:30 A.M to 15:30 P.M; Sundays are off.
- You can call them at: 920020820
- Website: www.saudieng.sa
- Send an email anytime at: [email protected]