Do you want to change STC wifi password of your router, modem, DSL fiber-optic, or a home broadband connection? But not sure how to do that. I know it’s a lengthy procedure to change the username and password of modems, routers, and STC wifi, unlikely Zain or Mobily devices.
Currently, STC KSA has 8 modems, and routers in the market. Few of them work as DSL, Fiber optic home broadband modems. A Couple of them work for Quicknet connection (Internet Sim). And only 2 of them are pocket wifi devices.
Some of the devices have the 5G ability as well. So they have a little different method when it comes to changing their wifi password. In addition to that Companies, Huawei and Alcatel manufacture routers and modems for STC. Therefore, each gadget has its own settings.
The Post Contains
How To Change STC Wifi Password
The very first thing to change the STC wifi password is that you must know about the model number and the manufacturer of the device.
1. Know The Model Of The Device
The very first thing you need in the STC wifi password change procedure is that you must know about the model number and the manufacturer. The model number is always written on a label on the back of the modem as shown in the pic below.
Huawei Modems and Routers – DSL- Fiber-Optic – 5G – Home Broadband
A majority of the devices for the customers belong to the Huawei family. In most places, you will see these models.
- HG658B DSL Modem
- HG8245Q FTTH Fiber Optic Modem
- HG658v2 DSL Modem
- HG658v2 VDSL 102 V2 Fiber Optic Home Broadband Modem
- HG8245T Modem
- E5577 MBB Pocket MyFi Device
Alcatel-Lucent STC Modems
STC has a few Alcatel DSL modems also.
- G-240W-B ONT (Optical Network Terminal)
- I-240W-A ONT
How To Change STC Wifi Password For Huawei Devices.
First, let me discuss Huawei HG8245Q FTTH, HG658v2 VDSL 102 V2 home broadband, and HG8245T Modems. To change wifi password, connect the device using a cable or through the wifi connection.
- Now open any browser and type 192.168.100.1 in the address bar.
- Now enter the Username/Account: telecomadmin
- Enter password: admintelecom
- If you can’t access the ‘Settings Page’ then press the small reset button for almost10 seconds. Let the device reset. And, then repeat the procedure.
On the top menu, click on WLAN. Then, on the left side, you will see the settings for 2.4G and 5G bands. If the connection is not a 5G then, click on 2.4G Basic Network settings. Now,
- Go to SSID Name and rename wifi as per your choice.
- Authentication Mode, select WPA/WPA2 Pre Shared Key
- In the WPA PreShared key, type a new wifi password.
- Now click on Apply to save the setting.
Settings For 5G Connection
If you have a 5G connection then on the main menu, Go to WLAN, and then click on 5G Basic Settings on the left.
- Look for SSID Name and change wifi name as per your choice.
- In Authentication Mode, select WPA/WPA2 Pre Shared Key
- Below, in WPA PreShared key, type a new wifi password.
- Now at the end of the page, click on Apply to save the setting.
For HG658B DSL Modem Fiber-Optic, the settings are as below.
- Type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar of the browser
- Enter both, username and password, admin
- On the left menu, click on Basic. Under the Basic, click on Wireless Settings.
- Change the wifi name in SSID
- For Password change, In security mode, select WPA2-PSK
- Now PreShared Key appears. Write a new wifi password and click on Submit.
STC Huawei E5577 MBB Pocket MyFi Device Settings
To change STC wifi password for the Huawei MiFi device, you can do the following.
- In the browser, type 192.168.8.1
- Enter admin as username and password to enter the main settings menu
- Now click on WLAN and then WLAN Basic Settings
- Change the security mode to WPA/WPA2-PSK
- Enter the new wifi password and save the settings
Read More: How To De-Activate STC Services On Your Sim
How To Change STC WIFI Password For Alcatel Modems
STC uses two variants of Alcatel Modems, G-240W-B ONT, and I-240W-A ONT. The default gateway for both models is 192.168.1.1 To change wifi passwords for Alcatel devices, the settings are as follows.
- Open the browser and type 192.168.1.1 for STC
- Enter ‘admin’ as username
- Enter ‘admin‘ and password.
Now you are on the setting page. On the left side, You will find the settings menu .
- Click on the Network and then click on the Wifi
- In the Encrypt Mode, select WPA/WPA2 Personal
- 3 new options will appear. In WPA Key, write the new wifi password.
- To save the settings, click on Save.
Setting WIFI Password For Alcatel 5G Model
If your Alcatel device is 5G enabled, look at the following procedure to change the wifi password.
- Open the Internet browser and type 192.168.1.1
- Type both Username and Password, ‘admin’
- In the left menu, click on Network
- Now select Wireless (5G) and then for Encryption Mode, Select WPA2+WPA
- Enter the new wifi password in WPA Key and click on Save
STC Login Username and Password Forgot | What to Do?
If you have changed the username and password for the STC router or the modem device and forgot it. Then you can set it to the default settings easily. However, you must know about the default username and password to proceed further.
On each device, there is a reset button, mostly next to the power button. Press it for almost 10 seconds. The device will restart so let it be. Once the lights on the modem or router stabilize, you can connect with that.
Now just use the default username and password to access the device.
STC Routers Login Credentials
The STC router login depends upon the manufacturer. STC uses routers and modems of Alcatel and Huawei.
The default login URL for STC Alcatel Router is 192.168.1.1
The default login addresses for STC Huawei Routers – Modems are
Below is a complete list of STC routers logins.
|Huawei- HG658b (VDSL 102 Modem)
|Huawei- HG8245Q (Huawei ONT)
|Huawei- HG658v2 (VDSL 102 V2 Modem)
|Huawei- HG658v2 (VDSL 102 V2)
|Huawei- E5577 MBB MyFi
|Huawei- HG8245T Modem
|Alcatel- G-240W-B ONT
|Alcatel- I-240W-A ONT (2.4GHz WiFi Settings)
|Check on the back of the modem.
|DZS-ZNID 2428 B1
|Check the Back of Device for Password
How To Use STC Modem As Router
STC offers a long list of modems and, a few modems can be used as routers too. However, if you want a DSL model to be used as a router, then unluckily it doesn’t support it. It is because you have two modems in a row that conflict with each other.
However, STC modems that are wireless can be used as routers. Mifi device also works great as a router.Also Read: