Do you want to change STC wifi password of your modem, router, DSL fiber-optic connection?. But not sure how to do that?. I know it’s a bit tricky but have no worries. Because this guide provides A-Z details for the wifi password change procedure.
Currently, STC KSA has 8 modems, routers in the market. Few of them work as DSL, Fiber optic home broadband modems. A Couple of them work for Quicknet connection ( Internet Sim). And only 2 of them are pocket wifi devices.
Some of the devices have the 5G ability as well. So they have a little different method when it comes to change their wifi password. In addition to that Companies, Huawei and Alcatel manufacture routers and modems for STC. Therefore, each gadget has its own settings.
The Post Covers
How To Change STC Wifi Password
The very first thing to change the stc wifi password is that you need the model number and manufacture of the device.
1. Know The Model Of The Device
The very first thing you need in the stc wifi password change procedure is that you must know about the model number and the manufacturer. The model number is always written on a label on the back of the modem as shown in the pic below.
Huawei Modems and Routers – DSL- Fiber-Optic – 5G
A majority of the devices for the customers belong to the Huawei family. In most places, you will see these models.
- HG658B DSL Modem
- HG8245Q FTTH Fiber Optic Modem
- HG658v2 DSL Modem
- HG658v2 VDSL 102 V2 Fiber Optic Home Broadband Modem
- HG8245T Modem
- E5577 MBB Pocket MyFi Device
Alcatel-Lucent STC Modems
STC has a few Alcatel DSL modems also.
- G-240W-B ONT (Optical Network Terminal)
- I-240W-A ONT
How To Change STC Wifi Password For Huawei Devices.
First, let me discuss Huawei HG8245Q FTTH, HG658v2 VDSL 102 V2 and, HG8245T Modems. Because by default, they have little different usernames and passwords to log in.
- Connect the device using a cable or through the wifi connection.
- Open any browser and type 192.168.100.1 in the address bar.
- Now enter the Username/Account: telecomadmin and the password: admintelecom
- If you can’t access then press the small reset button for almost10 seconds. Let the device reset. And, then repeat the procedure.
On the top menu, click on WLAN. On the left side, you will see the settings for 2.4G and 5G. If the connection is not a 5G then, click on 2.4G Basic Network settings. Now,
- Go to SSID Name and rename wifi as per your choice.
- Below in Authentication Mode, select WPA/WPA2 Pre Shared Key
- A little below, in the WPA PreShared key, type a new wifi password.
- Now click on Apply to save the setting.
Settings For 5G Connection
If you have a 5G connection then on the main menu, Go to WLAN, and then click on 5G Basic Settings on the left.
- Look for SSID Name and change wifi name as per your choice.
- In Authentication Mode, select WPA/WPA2 Pre Shared Key
- Below, in WPA PreShared key, type a new wifi password.
- Now at the end of the page, click on Apply to save the setting.
For HG658B DSL Modem Fiber-Optic, the settings are as below.
- Type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar of the browser
- Enter both, username and password, admin
- On the left menu, click on Basic. Under the Basic, click on Wireless Settings.
- Change the wifi name in SSID
- For Password change, In security mode, select WPA2-PSK
- Now PreShared Key appears. Write a new wifi password and click on Submit.
STC Huawei E5577 MBB Pocket MyFi Device Settings
To change STC wifi password for myfi device, you can do the following.
- In the browser, type 192.168.8.1
- Enter admin as username and password to enter the main settings menu
- Now click on WLAN and then WLAN Basic Settings
- Change the security mode to WPA/WPA2-PSK
- Enter the new wifi password and save the settings
Read More: How To De-Activate STC Services On Your Sim
How To Change STC WIFI Password For Alcatel Modems
STC uses two variants of Alcatel Modems, G-240W-B ONT, and I-240W-A ONT. the default gateway for both models is 192.168.1.1 To change wifi passwords for Alcatel devices, their settings are as follows.
- Open the browser and type 192.168.1.1 for STC
- Enter ‘admin’ as username and password.
Now you are on the main menu. You will find a menu on the left side.
- Click on the Network and then click on the Wifi
- In the Encrypt Mode, select WPA/WPA2 Personal
- 3 new options will appear. In WPA Key, write the new wifi password.
- To save the settings, click on Save.
Setting WIFI Password For 5G Model
If your Alcatel device is 5G enabled, look at the following procedure to change the wifi password.
- Open the Internet browser and type 192.168.1.1
- Type Username and Password, admin
- In the left menu, click on Network
- Now select Wireless (5G) and then for Encryption Mode, Select WPA2+WPA
- Enter the new wifi password in WPA Key and click on Save
STC Login Username and Password Forgot | What to Do?
If you have changed the username and password for the STC router or the modem device and forgot it. Then you can set it to the default settings easily. However, you must know about the default username and password to proceed further.
On each device, there is a reset button, mostly next to the power button. Press it for almost 10 seconds. The device will restart so let it be. Once the lights on the modem or router stabilize, you can connect with that.
Now just use the default username and password to access the device.
How To Use STC Modem As Router
STC offers a long list of modems and, few modems can be used as routers. However, if you want a DSL model to be used as a router, then unluckily it doesn’t support it. It is due to because you have two modems in a row and that conflicts with each other.
However, stc modems that are wireless can be used as routers. Myfi device also works great as a router.
What Is The STC Modem Login
There are many models of STC modems that the cellular network offers. The login depends upon the manufacturer and in the case of STC, the company uses modems of Alcatel and Huawei.
The default login for STC Alcatel modems is 192.168.1.1
The login for STC Huawei Modems can be
The login is different according to the device. However, these 3 types of logins work for all STC devices.
- Free Wifi Service at 60,000 Places Across The Kingdom
- How To Update Iqama Online In NCB Al-Ahli And Quickpay
- Saudi Red Cresent Is Hiring Volunteers, Be The Part And Earn Money.
- How To Change Mobile Number In Absher In Saudi Arabia | MyKSA
- Check Iqama Expiry Date Without Absher Using Wazarat Amal | 2021