The General Traffic Department KSA (Muroor) has announced istimara renewal fee for the year 2022 and 2023. In year 2022, the vehicle registration fee of SAR 300 is applicable to cars and light vehicles.
However in 2023, an additional fee, based upon engine size and fuel consumption, will be added to the basic istimara renewal fee of 300 Riyals. The extra cost ranges between 0 riyals to 570 riyals.
Muroor will charge the fee at the time of new vehicle registration and istimara renewal.
The Post Covers
Istimara Renewal Fee 2022
The istimara renewal fee, according to muroor Saudi Arabia, is as follows for the year 2022. The fee applies to all types of light and heavy vehicles.
|Vehicle Type||Istimara Renewal Fee|
|Private Vehicle||SAR 300
|Private Truck||SAR 600|
|Public Vehicle||SAR 1200|
|Public Bus||SAR 1200|
|Public Work Vehicle||SAR 900|
Istimara Renewal Fee 2023
General Department of Traffic (Muroor) has classified vehicle registration renewal fee into 2 catoegories;
- For the vehicles manufactured in 2015 or before and, Heavy Vehicles.
- For all vehicles manufactured in 2016 or later. (Cars, light and heavy vehicles)
These categories are further sub-catogorized according to
- Engine capacity
- Fuel consumption
In 2023, istimara renewal fee will be calculated according to the engine size for heavy vehicles, cars and light vehicles manufactured in 2015 or earlier.
For the vehicle models manufactured in 2016 or later, the authorities calculate the according to fuel consumption.
The additional fee will also be added in the basic vehicle registration fee for the both categories .
For Vehicles 2015 or Earlier Models And All Heavy Vehicles
The istimara renewal fee including the additional cost is as follow,
- 1900 cc or Below : No additional fee : Total cost SAR 300 For 3 years
- 1901 cc to 2400cc : 150 Riyals : Total cost SAR 450
- 2401 cc to 3200cc : 255 Riyals : Total fee SAR 555
- 3201 cc to 4500cc : 390 Riyals : Total SAR 690
- 4501 cc or Above : 570 Riyals : Total fee SAR 870
For The Vehicles 2016 Model or Afterwards.
For cars, light and heavy vehicle manufactured in 2016 or above, the vehicle registration fee is as follows. In this category the additional fee is calculated according to the fuel consumption of the vehicles. The extra fee ranges between 0 Riyals to 570 Riyals for 3 years.
- Milage 16 KM/L or above ; 0 Fee – Total 300 Riyals
- 14 KM/L to 15.99KM/L ; 150 Riyals – Total 450 Riyals
- 12KM/L to 13.99KM/L ; 255 Riyals – Total 555 Riyals
- 10KM/L to 11.99KM/L ; 390 Riyals – Total 690 Riyals
- Less than 10KM/L ; 570 Riyals – Total 870 Riyals
Read More : How To Find Car Vehicle Sequence Number
Vehicle Registration Late Fee
Muroor gives a grace period of 30 days after istimara expiry date. However the traffic department imposes a fine of 100 Saudi Riyals after the period ends. Therefore the istimara late renewal fee is 400 riyals for cars, and other light vehicles that are privately owned.
- What is Istimara | Vehicle Registration in Saudi Arabia
- Vehicle Registration: How To Check Istimara Expiry Date In KSA
- How To Renew Istimara (Vehicle Registration) Online in Saudi Arabia
- How To Book Appointment For Istimara In Absher | My KSA
- How To Collect Istimara Card Vehicle Registration In Saudi Arabia