Congratulations! on being blessed with a baby. As a resident of Saudia Arabia, the very first legal task starts with applying for and getting newborn baby’s iqama. The procedure involves many steps and the good thing is that you can do most of the tasks online without visiting the Jawazat office.
The Post Contains
Pre-Requisites For Newborn Iqama
You have to go through the following phases while applying and getting newborn’s iqama.
Getting New Born Baby’s Birth Certificate
- Obtaining the birth notification certificate for the newborn from the hospital
- Book Ahwal-Al-Madani appointment (Civil Affairs Office) in Absher
- Get the birth certificate from Civil Affairs and attest from MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
A- Birth Notification Certificate
If the child is born in Saudi Arabia, ask the hospital to issue birth notification certificate. Double-check the certificate for any mistake in name spelling, especially written in Arabic, and other details. Before leaving, also check that the signatures and stamp of the hospital are present on the certificate.
B- Appointment With Ahwal-Al-Madani ( Civil Affairs)
Once you obtain the birth notification, book an Ahwal Madani appointment through Absher, to get the newborn’s birth certificate. Visit the civil affairs office on the appointment date and time.
C- Get The Birth Certificate From Civil Affairs
Ahwal Al Madni issues the birth certificates of newborn babies. After booking the appointment, reach there 20 minutes before your appointment time.
You can read our detailed article on getting the birth certificate from Ahwal al Madani by clicking on the link below.
2- Attestation From MOFA
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Saudi Arabia has set up counters within the premises of Ahwal al Madni offices for the attestation of birth certificates.
Submit the certificate at the counter along with the attestation fee of 30 Riyals.
Within 15-30 minutes, you will receive the attested certificate.
Following the attestation, it is time to visit your country’s embassy to obtain newborn baby’s passport and ID card.
5- Visit The Embassy of Your Country To Issue The Passport Of New Born.
Now a days, few embassies are providing online appointments. For example, the Pakistani embassy books an appointment through its website.
Visit the embassy on the given date and time.
Submit the required documents ( copy of iqama, National ID, and passports of the parents). Few embassies may ask for the translation of the birth certificate from Arabic to their native language. So Arrange it as well.
The embassy will start the process of issuing the passport of the newborn baby.
Revisit to collect the passport. The whole process may take time between 7 days to 2 months. Once you have received it, now Its time to pay the dependant fee.
6- Pay Dependant Fee
Paying the dependant fee is easy. You can pay it through your bank account online. The system will calculate the cost from the date of payment until the expiry of the sponsor. ( for working women, the sponsor is the mother, otherwise it’s the father).
We are explaining the procedure for Al Ahli Bank customers. However, the method is almost the same for other bank account holders.
For Al Ahli bank customers,
- Log in to Alahli online. Then
- Select ‘Government Payments and Refunds.’
- In Biller, select Alien Control.
- Select ‘ Adding Dependent Born Inside Saudi Arabia’ in Service,
Below The Government Payments, new fields will appear.
- Now select “Iqama ID” and provide the date of birth of the newborn baby in the Hijri calendar. You can find it on the baby’s birth certificate.
- Click on ‘Request Payment Fee
The system will calculate the fee automatically and shows it on the screen.
- To pay it, click on ‘Proceed.’
- On the next window, click on confirm.
- The dependent fee for newborn will be deducted from your account and deposited in Jawazat.
7- Pay Late Iqama Fine (If applicable)
You have to Pay late iqama fine of 1000 Riyals if applying for the newborn iqama after 1 year of birth in case the baby born inside Saudi Arabia. However, the penalty doesn’t apply to the child born outside KSA
8- Buy Health Insurance
Having a valid heath insurance is a must requirement to obtain the resident permit. Several companies are providing medical insurance that you can buy for a few hundred Riyals.
However, buying the insurance is the sole responsibility of the employers so they will arrange it for your child.
9- Fill Out The Iqama Form
The last thing you have to do is filling out iqama issuance form in Arabic. If you don’t know, ask a friend or colleagues to help you.
For your convenience, I am providing it here. Just click on the link to download.
Always fill the form with black ink because Jawazat instructs that. However, your HR department can also help you fill it using Muqeem ( Al ILM) portal. You will also require the sponsor’s stamp on the form. Ask HR for the signs and stamps. After signs and stamps by the sponsor, visit the the chamber of commerce for attestation.
Besides, your HR can attest it from the ministry of chamber and commerce online. If they do, its the best. Otherwise, visit yourself Ghurfa Tujariayah ( Ministry of Chamber & Commerce ) office for attestation.
Required Documents To Apply For Newborn Iqama
You will require a few documents which are as follows;.
- Prepare a PDF file and place all of the below documents in the file.
- Iqama issuance form filled in Arabic
- The Child’s passport colored copy
- Copy of medical insurance for baby
- Birth Certificate obtained from the Ahwal-al-Madani (Civil Affairs) office
- Newborn photograph with white background
- Parents (mother and father) passports colored scanned copies
- Iqama copies of father and mother
- Copy of Vaccination card
- Original marriage certificate copy attested by MOFA if your wife isn’t under your sponsorship
Additional Requirements For Baby Born Outside KSA
Issuance of iqama for a baby born outside Saudi Arabia requires some additional documents which are as follows;
- Passport page where the border number is written
- Passport page having Saudi visa stamped
- Paying the iqama fee of 2000 riyals for newborn
- Polio Immunization certificate (if applicable especially for Pakistan and Afghanistan nationals)
- The application must be submitted from the employer’s account.
Procedure to Get Newborn Baby Iqama
After you prepared the documents in the PDF file, its time to upload in Absher through Tawasul Service to apply for newborn baby iqama
- Login to your Absher account https://absher.sa
- Now click on “Services” available under “My Services” section
- Select “Passport“
- Click on “Tawasul“
- Click on “New Request“
- Sector: Select “Resident services inside the Kingdom“
- Service: New Born Registration (if born inside Saudi Arabia)
- Select “Add Dependent” if the baby is born outside Saudi Arabia
- Request Description: You can write a brief para stating that you are applying for newborn baby iqama and uploading the relevant documents.
- Attachments: Upload the PDF file
- Click on “Submit Request“
Print Newborn Iqama In Jawazat
After completing all the above steps, now its time to make an appointment for new born baby iqama from Jawazat KSA. As per the new system, you don’t need an appointment. Visit the office in working hours any day.
It’s better to go there in the morning. The Jawazat has established special counters to issue iqama. The special section deals with the babies born Inside KSA. Submit all the documents and wait for a while.
In 15 to 30 minutes, the Jawazat will issue the newborn baby iqama.
You can check iqama validity in Absher after getting the resident card for the newborn from the Ministry of Interior.
Adding New Born Baby Iqama In Absher.
After the issuance of the baby’s iqama, you can check the dependent status in your Absher account. You will find a new entry in your account after a short while. The system will add the dependant within 30 minutes.
But if it doesn’t happen, don’t worry. Within a few hours, the newborn will be added on your Absher account.
Fees For Newborn Baby’s Resident Permit
There are following fees for new born baby resident permit.
- Iqama Fee
The employer is bound to pay iqama fee. So You need not worry about it. Anyhow the amount is 650 riyals.
- Dependant Fee
You can pay it through banks. We have already described the procedure in this article. The amount of the fee varies because of the expiry date of your iqama. You can check the amount while paying it.
- Medical Insurance Fee
Every expat has medical insurance in Saudi Arabia. So the newborn baby also needs it. Usually, the companies pay for it. But in some cases, you may have to buy it. Its cost also varies. But the average amount is between 450 riyals to 700 riyals.
- Passport Issuance Fee
You need the passport for the newborn baby before applying for iqama. Its fee also varies. You can confirm it from your respective embassy. Also, the cost of an urgent passport is more than an ordinary passport. For an ordinary Pakistani Passport it is 200 riyals.
- Miscellaneous Fees
For issuing of birth notification, you have to pay 50 riyals. Also, for attestation from MOFA, a fee of 30 riyals is required. The certification in Ghurfa Tujariyah also costs 30 riyals. So you can say that overall you need 100 riyals.
if the baby is born in a native country, then you will have to pay a fee of 2000 riyals. It is a visa fee for the baby. The authorities will issue the visa on arrival. However, they will charge you the said amount.Also Read: