Ministry of Foreign Affairs MOFA issues the family visit visa in Saudi Arabia. Just fill out the online application form, get a print, and visit the chamber of commerce for attestation. After the verification, wait for a few days until the visa is approved.
Apply Family Visit Visa On MOFA In Saudi Arabia
Here is the detailed process to apply for the family visit visa in 2023.
- First of all, visit the MOFA (ministry of foreign affairs) online website by Clicking Here.
- Change the language to English if you need it. The option is in the top left corner.
- Click on Individuals or (افراد) to land on the visa service platform. (Picture is attached)
- Now Click on ‘Resident’ and select ‘Family Visit Visa Application For Residents’. It is the very first option.
- From here to onward, you will provide data in Arabic. So click on أوافق to start the service.
- Now enter Iqama number and provide iqama expiry date. Then click on التالی, which means ‘Next.’
- The next screen is بیانات الطلب. It will show your details. You will find your name already written along with a few other details. After Filling the form Click on التالي
As you know, the online form is in the Arabic language, so you may find it hard to understand. Therefore to fill the form quickly, we are providing a detailed article on how to fill out the family visit visa form correctly.
- Now the next screen no.4 “بیانات الزوار. Here you will add the details of the persons you are applying for visa. Click on ‘اضافہ‘ to add the details. Provide the required information when you have filled the form then Click on ‘حفظ‘ to save the details.
- On the Next screen, recheck the details. If the details are correct, then print it. Also, save it in pdf format.
Attestation From Chamber of Commerce(Ghurfa Tujariyah) الغرفة التجارية
After filling, submitting, and printing the application form, it is mandatory to attest it from the chamber of commerce. MOFA processes the family visit visa application after attestation. There are two methods to do that.
1st Method: In this method, print the form and hand it over to the administrative office of your company or sponsor. The company or sponsor will sign, stamp, and return it to you.
Now visit the chamber of commerce office and get attestation on the visa form.
The attestation charges are 35 Saudi riyals. once the attestation completes, MOFA will start working on your application and will inform you in the next 3 days.
Querying Family Visit Visa Application Status
The processing time for the family visit visa is 3 days in Saudi Arabia. However, count the three days from the day of the chamber of commerce attestation.
So how will you query the visa status? Here is the procedure.
- Visit the following link https://visa.mofa.gov.sa
- Now scroll down until you find ‘Query.’
- Enter application number, Iqama number
- Fill in the captcha code and click on ‘Inquire.’
You will find the status of the visa, whether approved, rejected, or still under process. There are chances that you may get the visa on the first attempt.
However, there is also a possibility that MOFA may ask you to visit the office and bring a few more documents. In that case, you will need the following documents.
Documents Required for Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
- Your Original Iqama ( resident ID)
- Your Original Passport and a Copy
- Passport copies of the family members you are inviting.
- 2 Passport size Pictures
- Family visit visa form attested by chamber of commerce.
- In case you are applying for mother-in-law or father-in-law, then you will need three more documents.
- 1 A copy and original Iqama of your wife. 2. A print and original passport of your wife. 3. A Copy and original marriage certificate
- If you are applying for your married sister, then you will need an authorization letter from her husband. The letter should be attested from the Saudi embassy in the native country.
Visit the Mofa office and submit your documents there. Most of the time, a person is standing outside the office and checks the required documents. He may ask you to show your iqama and other related documents. Follow his instructions and wait for your turn. Once you have submitted the papers, then wait for a few more days. After a couple of days, check the visa status online.
The timings of MOFA offices are 0730 to 1430. However, it is the best practice to reach there as soon as possible.
Another method to check the visa status is that you can call on the helpline of MOFA. Call at 920033334 if you are inside KSA. Put the country code +966 before the number if you are calling from outside Saudi Arabia.
Rules and Eligibility For Family Visit Visa
There are specific rules and eligibility criteria to apply for the family visit visa in Saudi Arabia in 2019. mofa directs that
- applicant must have a valid iqama
- The visa form must be filled out correctly.
- The application form should be attested by the chamber of commerce
- All information must b written in the Arabic language except names matching as written on the Passport.
- Only the following relatives can get a visit visa.
- Married sister
- Mother-in-law and father in law
- Only those can apply for a visa who are living in Saudi Arabia at a work visa with valid iqama. Others cannot avail it
- The person applying for the visit visa should have that profession, which is accepted for obtaining the visa.
- The applicant must not have huroob status
- The applicant must not have a criminal record and not be involved in any such activity.
- The applicants having professions of labor, house driver, farmer, and the maid cannot apply for a visit visa
Here is worth mentioning that a person who has a profession of ‘ skilled labor’ (Aamil funni ) “عامل فنی” can apply for a family visit visa. This profession gets approval most of the time.
Once MOFA issues the visa, now it’s time to stamp it on the passport. For that, you need to book etimad appointment. Etimad is responsible for visa stamping from Saudi Consulates. And, they charge a nominal fee for the procedure.
I would like to mention that for a family visit visa, you don’t need to go through medical tests. Gcchmc gamca medical status is only required for permanent family visa also known as istiqdam.
Visit Visa Validity
The single entry family visit visa has a validity period of 90 days. After 90 days, it will expire. Moreover, validity is written on the visa.
So the relatives who are coming to Saudi Arabia must reach within 90 days after issuing the family visit visa. It is essential to mention that visa validity after stamping is 30 days. Any further delay will expire it.
Fees and Fines For Visit Visa In Saudi Arabia
The Saudi Govt has changed the structure of visit visa fees. The updated cost for a single entry visa is 300 Saudi Riyals now. Its maximum validity is 90 days. after 90 days, you can renew it for the next three months.
The multiple-entry family visit visa fee is also 300 Saudi riyals. its validity is one year. Anyhow you will need to apply for visitor’s health insurance, which costs almost up to 100 Riyals.
The charges of 300 Saudi Riyals per passport apply to the visitors coming from India. The previous fee structure has been revised now. Therefore the cost is the same for all nationalities, either coming from Bangladesh or any other country.
The overstay on behalf of the family visit visa in Saudi Arabia will result in a hefty fine. The amount is 25,000 Riyals per visitor. So it’s better to extend the visa before its expiry.
The fee for extension is 100 Saudi Riyals per month. So if you extend the visa for 3 months, then you will pay 300 Saudi Riyals.
How was the article? Was it helpful to you? Please give us your thoughts by commenting below. If you have any questions or queries, then feel free to ask. We would love to help you.
For the Latest Guides, News, and Updates, Like and Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.